• No

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Waiting for better plans to come

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
From Mumbai std calls are happening.
Mumbai to Mumbai is a different story. I am still to make a successful call that lasts more than 10 seconds.
It's pretty bad as of now

Reliance & Reliance Jio are two separate companies.
only on paper it would seem.
they cut the dongle connection without notice.
they called me daily for 3 weeks non-stop to get me to switch to 4g.
i went down to the store and they said i have to pay 1600 for a new dongle. (3200 for new users)
on the phone they said the new dongle would be free.
i didn't even bother asking about 4g plans at this point.
there was already another pissed off customer yelling at them when i walked in and another walked in later while i was there.
the average speeds i used to get was 5-7kbps. the fastest i ever noticed was 22kbps.
the bsnl internet on my mobile phone was faster. (i ended up tethering my phone whenever i had to buy something online)
thanks but no thanks reliance.
p.s. phone tethering right now to post this and it's way faster.

Looks like of all Rcom is totally NOT prepared for Jio war.

I tried porting one of my Rcom number and all they can offer is 1GB data and 1000mins for 350. I asked the guy on the phone do you seriously want to retain the customer or not?

They're clearly no longer wanting to be in business.

Anybody got a good offer from Vodafone after sending a port out SMS ? Their postpaid plans haven't been updated in ages.

Looking to port out from Aircel once call issues are fixed. Very meagre usage for me but need postpaid and the 249 plan suits me

Looking to port out from Aircel once call issues are fixed. Very meagre usage for me but need postpaid and the 249 plan suits me

I already ported my Primary number. The call issues aren't that big as the people claim to be. Most of the problems are sorted out. Though occasionally during peak hours you may experience " all lines in this route being busy issue"

The funniest thing? I am getting the all lines busy message when calling a collegue's RCOM number. Told him to port the f*** out to Jio :p

The funniest thing? I am getting the all lines busy message when calling a collegue's RCOM number. Told him to port the f*** out to Jio :p
So now brother ambani isn't giving them enough E1 ports? or should i say they're wantedly blocking calls so that they don't end up paying huge IUC charges![DOUBLEPOST=1478375626][/DOUBLEPOST]
The call issues aren't that big as the people claim to be. Most of the problems are sorted out. Though occasionally during peak hours you may experience " all lines in this route being busy issue"

Now this is true. Except for idea, i find calls to voda and Airtel are going in a second attempt.

anyone getting jio to work at even decent speeds?i resorted back to paying 1800 a month for 50mbps No fup from spectranet and airtel 4G sim,i got 3 jio sims lying waste.half of the time-512kbps,other half-dosent work

its a big joke now,we do have great internet plans from AVOID and Bsnl now.hope jio offers 10rs per gb and others 50rs per gb.

^^ Is that a surprise to anybody? That is what is bound to happen when too many users flock the network. When BSNL launched its services and people were getting 20 Mbps speeds, many got rid of their wired connections, but neither the speeds nor the liberal plan lasted very long.

As per TRAI, based on the speed tests data, Jio is the slowest 4G network in India.

I am not sure whether they even have enough capacity, but they are still handing out the sims like there is no tomorrow. They even setup a camp at my office campus and all you need to do is do is to give your Aadhar number against which they will check your fingerprint and you will get the sim.

My Jio phone tethered to my pc is not even 1mbps at all times till 9pm . Haven't checked later . Will throw it away once free period is over . In any case I do not use it due to slow speeds for atleast a month. Also 99%calls don't connect . (Mumbai on 2300mhz) .

Looks like of all Rcom is totally NOT prepared for Jio war.

I tried porting one of my Rcom number and all they can offer is 1GB data and 1000mins for 350. I asked the guy on the phone do you seriously want to retain the customer or not?

They're clearly no longer wanting to be in business.
You mean their 4GFreedom350 Plan....

RCom cannot/will not undercut Jio before January 2017. They have a non-compete clause under NDA for the agreement of sharing of spectrum, network and operational expenditure for the 4G network. As RCom and Jio are sharing the operational expenditure, it means that whether you use or Jio, RCom is getting some part of the revenue. Furthermore, RCom wishes to expand its ARPU and hence will not offer too much competitive plans, at least not until the merger with Aircel is completed.

You can expect the really good plans in 2G/3G from Reliance (have a look at your nearest store), but the cream for 4G is reserved for 2017.[DOUBLEPOST=1478555793][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah. I am having exactly the same issue dialing Jio numbers from RCom. Doesn't happen ALL the time though.

anyone getting jio to work at even decent speeds?i resorted back to paying 1800 a month for 50mbps No fup from spectranet and airtel 4G sim,i got 3 jio sims lying waste.half of the time-512kbps,other half-dosent work

its a big joke now,we do have great internet plans from AVOID and Bsnl now.hope jio offers 10rs per gb and others 50rs per gb.
Getting 6-12 Mbps all the time. 2-3 Mbps inside jungle (no kidding). Have never seen a network like this. Coverage is damn good but yes there are dead zones (Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat).

Getting 1.2Mbps download speed minimum after 10 pm , surely a throttle is on . Daytime download speed varies from 300KBps to 700Kbs . For me network has improved . Calling has also become better on BSNL landline and Airtel .
Due to this POI issues most relatives/ friends have taken JIO so as such outside calling has reduced .
On corporate CUG but can port out . Will wait for these remaining issues to get sorted out also

Reliance Jio limiting incoming and outgoing calls to 30 Minutes

http://maktechblog.com/reliance-jio-limiting-incoming-outgoing-calls-30-minutes/

I know this was coming. They're knowingly not using Ports allotted by BSNL, Rcom and Other providers to reduce IUC charges!
This is odd. I am on RCom-to-Jio/Jio-to-RCom calls nearly every day. I have not yet seen this mysterious 30-minute limit as I have spoken hours on end. But if users are reporting it, it must have been implemented....

I dumped JIO and gave it freeway to one of my friend. The network in my area and surrounding areas as well is always 2 -3 bars.
Though even on 1 bar I used to get buffer free entertainment but till the end I wasnt able to figure out if it was my phone or jio network. Coz on Vodafone and Airtel m always on full bars everywhere, dont know whats wrong with jio.

Also, at the very same time other jio users were getting 4-5 bars but practically our speeds and buffers were identical. So either my phone was showing the REAL bar strength and theirs was faking it as the users also claimed that they never really bothered about the bars.

Though battery wise jio lasted me more than 2 days while Vodafone /airtel max 2 days all on pure 4G/LTE setting.

Calling wise it was pathetic as I actually have to dial the no. more than 8 time min. to get connected else the lady used to say "all the line are busy". So this was the biggest disappointment for me. As for dialing, I had to turn on/off the data while other users actually had to reboot their handsets.

So m not sure as its too early to comment as Reliance is still in Beta mode. Can only comment after 1st half of next year as to how exclusively their service has improved.

FTW m happy on my Vodafone 4G as its serving me loyally with some ups and downs since more than 12 years.

Porting to jio is very early to comment on but will never port my existing no but might carry jio as an optional secondary sim.

Sent a port request to vodafone. I'm currently on the dv499 plan, but since it's a retention, i pay 399. get 800mins local and 400 std. 200 local sms and 1gb 3/4g data. The vodafone rep offered to add 500 mins to the plan. I said i want to reduce my cost because jio is only 149/month and they couldn't give me anything. So i think i will be porting to jio after all. maybe a little later though...

Back