Votes: 40 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Waiting for better plans to come

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
You know what, i destroyed and threw my jio sim in gutter that day when for almost 4 weeks i didnt got even 1mbps forget stable connection. even on 3 bars whatsapp took ages to dowbload even a 100kb pic. And its jiotv always buffering.
When i first bought the sim i was always on 54mbps min. Was about to ditch my home internet plan as well.
PATHETIC to express!!

Jio tha re pichvade me dio.....:mad:

Very happy with my Vodafone though their monthly bill calculators are somebody from kindergarten.

So i went to the vodafone store and said i wanna convert to prepaid. Reason is Jio i said. The agent smiled. Jio IS a trigger word. Gave me a 299 option with 600 local + 400 std, 1gb 3g/4g and 300 sms. I'm saving only 100 bucks on my current plan but took it anyway. Mainly because I would have to somehow separate my current sim and sd card from the mod when they give me a new sim lol.

DV 399 MOB

Ok, so i've been screwed by vodafone. I was travelling out of town immediately after switching to the new plan and since it was mostly roaming didn't notice my local billing. In my latest bill i've been charged for STD and SMS! The plan details shows only 800 mins (mob local). Not what the goddamn agent promised. Tired of fighting with these morons, i'm just going to switch to prepaid. Or port out.[DOUBLEPOST=1487705933][/DOUBLEPOST]Apologies to anyone who may have switched to this plan based on the information i posted.[DOUBLEPOST=1487755250][/DOUBLEPOST]Just went and asked them to convert to prepaid. They tried to retain me on some 499 red plan with unlimited calling with 3gb 4g and 2gb extra for troubling me! I said no thanks, just gimme my prepaid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jio has released its Jio4GVoice app for iOS, although its in beta form and available only in Maharashtra and Karnataka circles. So iPhone 5 & 5s users can now call. But I am not sure if it works when connected to Wifi (as 4G will be off).

Also, I don't find any of the plans - prepaid or postpaid suiting my requirements - too less data or too expensive.
Network is choppy here in Hyderabad, speeds are crappy. Maybe things will improve when free offers will be over.

Jio has released its Jio4GVoice app for iOS, although its in beta form and available only in Maharashtra and Karnataka circles. So iPhone 5 & 5s users can now call. But I am not sure if it works when connected to Wifi (as 4G will be off).

Also, I don't find any of the plans - prepaid or postpaid suiting my requirements - too less data or too expensive.
Network is choppy here in Hyderabad, speeds are crappy. Maybe things will improve when free offers will be over.

You should probably post information about jio itself in the main thread. That place is more happening than here.

Stores aren't allowing me to take a postpaid connection through MNP, They're saying you might have problems now.. So come back after 1 week.
Also, They're asking Rs. 500 as security deposit. How's your experience?

Stores aren't allowing me to take a postpaid connection through MNP, They're saying you might have problems now.. So come back after 1 week.
Also, They're asking Rs. 500 as security deposit. How's your experience?

My experience with porting wasn't very nice. But this was in their initial days. Mom & sis got the porting done during Feb itself before the Prime offers started. We however were not charged any deposit during that time.

I suggest that you hold on to your current provider before opting for postpaid. There are lot of queries I have which their website doesn't have any ready answer to.

Porting was so smooth. I migrated from Idea to Jio. Gave application on Saturday and they did it on Wednesday night.

However, Rcom to Jio got rejected wantedly. Will see rcom's end.

Rcom prepaid to Jio

Edit - While porting they are taking 99rs as jio prime subscription charge in advance.
Then it'll happen without issues. Postpaid to Jio is an headache. They're rejecting even if there's 1 rupee outstanding.

One has to pay pro rata amount till application date + 10 days extra pro rata in advance to avoid rejection.

Yes, ₹99 for Jio prime. After successful port in.. do a 303.

Do we need to submit documents? Or e-verification with aadhar is enough? Please mention complete process here.
Make sure you give the same name address detailed proof.

Jio will give you prepaid or postpaid connection through the same process ekyc process with Aadhar. No Aadhar? U can follow the same old process.

Few outlets ppl are asking us to sign auto debit form, so that it'll get auto deduct in case of postpaid.

Also in case of postpaid to Jio prepaid/postpaid, do pay extra 15 days amount or full plan amount in order to avoid mnp issues. Donor operator will refund you the remaining amount through DD.

Back