Votes: 48 41.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Waiting for better plans to come

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters

mathewvp

Disciple
So now that you know about the tariff plans, are you still excited about Jio or lost interest? Would you be porting your existing connection to Jio?

Definitely yes, But again this will happen only after CARTEL is done settling scores with Jio. Call drop is not yet solved because of AVOID not giving out Ports.

In Short, Would PORT my second sim.

Definitely yes, But again this will happen only after CARTEL is done settling scores with Jio. Call drop is not yet solved because of AVOID not giving out Ports.

In Short, Would PORT my second sim.

^ this

p.s. already have a jio sim, dunno if i'll keep it after the free offer. this thread was about porting, so ...

So now that you know about the tariff plans, are you still excited about Jio or lost interest? Would you be porting your existing connection to Jio?
For main Voice calls I'm not at all porting from Airtel (with Airtel since 15yrs now), for Data connectivity I'm already relying on Jio, in a dual sim mobile.

But I won't be porting my primary number until Jio network connectivity becomes reliable & consistent enough, at least for coming couple of years...

Will be porting out for sure, once the call issues are resolved. This would be done for my personal usage, home and company where I work. Will keep the top managers on Vodafone though, but sooner or later, will port out.

See most of us use voice primarily . So if volte turns out to be good we will surely port out to jio . Until then it will mostly be used as a data only sim I guess . Also in the coming days seeing the impact of jio many phone manufacturers will add volte support to their 4g only handsets and then more people will start using voice on jio . As I understand from my personal experience from using jio sim in a non volte enabled handset , the data is satisfactory but the jio join app is very buggy and frequently disconnecting so using voice on it is a bit tedious .

For main Voice calls I'm not at all porting from Airtel (with Airtel since 15yrs now), for Data connectivity I'm already relying on Jio, in a dual sim mobile.

But I won't be porting my primary number until Jio network connectivity becomes reliable & consistent enough, at least for coming couple of years...

Same here. With Airtel for last 11 years. Considering to get a Jio sim for data only. But will have to get a dual SIM phone for that. :)

Been using JIO since about 1.5 months. There is a problem when calling other networks. But that is because incumbent operators are not opening interconnect points. Other than that the connectivity has been better than Airtel. I have tried the sim in Delhi, Shimla, Jalandhar, Amritsar etc. The sim had unexpectedly good connectivity. It was the first choice for Data because Airtel mostly stayed at Edge instead of 3G or 4G. I was reluctant to try JIO at first. But will Port out of Airtel thanks to better data speed and overall phone connectivity. I am getting better signal strength Indoor, outdoor and basements. Guess that was the idea of Reliance preview offer.

Been using JIO since about 1.5 months. There is a problem when calling other networks. But that is because incumbent operators are not opening interconnect points. Other than that the connectivity has been better than Airtel. I have tried the sim in Delhi, Shimla, Jalandhar, Amritsar etc. The sim had unexpectedly good connectivity. It was the first choice for Data because Airtel mostly stayed at Edge instead of 3G or 4G. I was reluctant to try JIO at first. But will Port out of Airtel thanks to better data speed and overall phone connectivity. I am getting better signal strength Indoor, outdoor and basements. Guess that was the idea of Reliance preview offer.
This is exactly my experience and i'm having horrible network issues in airtel especially these stupid after starting this open network shit...Waiting for MNP to start out.

I already have a Jio sim so will be only porting out my wife's connection (she makes loooots of calls)
One good thing i could move my airtel to the base minimum plan to save up there.

I have a unused idea sim lying around , want to port it to jio and use for data, it is 3 years old sim, will this older sim be compatible with 4g or do i need a newer sim ?

+1 (using Airtel sim last 10 years)[DOUBLEPOST=1472863960][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have a unused idea sim lying around , want to port it to jio and use for data, it is 3 years old sim, will this older sim be compatible with 4g or do i need a newer sim ?
Your present idea sim is irrelevant, once you send the port request and submit the documents for porting to jio, they will provide you with their 4G sim.

Port my number? Hell no.
Get a Jio SIM for secondary data usage? Definitely yes.
Let Reliance/Jio prove their worth in real world. When it comes to mobile network I really care more for network quality and reach than the numbers.
The plans look really attractive though. My worry is network clutter. Lots and lots of people are going to go for Jio right away now that something big as this has been announced. But what about the infrastructures? I don't think they will be able to handle a sudden influx of numbers. We'll wait and see.

I don't think they will be able to handle a sudden influx of numbers. We'll wait and see.
Their network is far more then capable, but their customer care/ guys selling sims & activating might be doubtful.
Tech wise, Jio is capable of doing things at even higher levels. I was confused seeing them laying Fibre cables in remote villages of Bengal & AP 2years back. but after the official announcement things became meaningful to me.
if you have listened what Mukesh Ambani said in the conference, its clearly indicates they just technically opened a Pubic Beta till 31-december.

One of my friend is using their services (since 1-2month back) the service is just amazing... streaming 1080p live from his phone.
i have experienced Voice clarity i never heard before. Voice quality of airtel ( using them for last 7 years) looks 2rs ppl after experiencing Jio. ( Idea in NCR has amazing voice quality though).

I will port to them for sure ! no doubt about it.
And least bothered about internet in mobile, 99% time im under wifi.[DOUBLEPOST=1472886416][/DOUBLEPOST]
For main Voice calls I'm not at all porting from Airtel. will continue with airtel for voice for safety purpose
if you experience jio voice quality you will 100% change your perception, i bet. :):)

Asked today to the distributor of reliance Jio (not reliance express) about porting and he says "porting will only be possible after 1 January 2017", is it true?

+1 (using Airtel sim last 10 years)[DOUBLEPOST=1472863960][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your present idea sim is irrelevant, once you send the port request and submit the documents for porting to jio, they will provide you with their 4G sim.

For main Voice calls I'm not at all porting from Airtel. will continue with airtel for voice for safety purpose

Port my number? Hell no.
Get a Jio SIM for secondary data usage? Definitely yes.
Let Reliance/Jio prove their worth in real world. When it comes to mobile network I really care more for network quality and reach than the numbers.
The plans look really attractive though. My worry is network clutter. Lots and lots of people are going to go for Jio right away now that something big as this has been announced. But what about the infrastructures? I don't think they will be able to handle a sudden influx of numbers. We'll wait and see.
Most of the people seem to be planning to enjoy the data benefits of Jio till its free, porting & relying completely on Jio, will actually happen depending upon the service satisfaction. That's a fair way to deal with, will Jio be able to handle the load of connections & will still be fast enough? Is it worth paying for? We'll know in couple of months.

Meanwhile what's funding our unlimited free data?

58b22fdf5ea6e581ab9eb33832679220.jpg

I was confused seeing them laying Fibre cables in remote villages of Bengal & AP 2years back. but after the official
They also laid fibre cables here in my area. Not many know because they did it late at night (which btw is very good because some morons do it during busy traffic hours, so kudos to reliance for this). I came across it while i was on my way home from office at around 1am. and a colleague also told me of the same.

Back