Votes: 40 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Waiting for better plans to come

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
Applied porting from airtel to jio on 25th march and so far no updates on the progress. Is there a way to get the status? On 25th I received a SMS related to jio money and nothing else after that.
I have applied on 23rd it happened yesterday 29th at 00:00 hours.
It'll happen tonight or 100% tomorrow.

My friend tried porting his rcom postpaid to jio. rcom says they have not got any porting request from jio. jio is saying error: wrong donor. and they're not refunding the rs. 99 he paid at the time of porting saying we don't have any such refund process. WTF

Screenshot_20170415-015137_01.png
My friend tried porting his rcom postpaid to jio. rcom says they have not got any porting request from jio. jio is saying error: wrong donor. and they're not refunding the rs. 99 he paid at the time of porting saying we don't have any such refund process. WTF
Same thing happened with me. The issue?
Ask your friend to pay off the full amount for the month! Say the plan is 299+taxes for 30 days pay 350, you'll get the refund after bill settlement. Even if you pay 500, no issue!

Also don't use the same UPC again. Do generate a new one after 15 days.

Whats his bill generation date?

Last edited:
No idea about his bill date, but i'll forward your post to him. Thanks.

Edit: he's paid 1000 bucks extra as advance balance just in case, still this crap. Either Jio is having technical issues sending the porting request to rcom, or they're just making excuses because they don't want to lose customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess, the donor name should be reliance 4G LTE instead of reliance GSM.
There are only two options

- Reliance 4G/GSM
- Reliance CDMA

I have noticed, Jio guys did select 4G/GSM each time but yet due to that amount thing, MNP couldn't go through!
When i spoke to guys at main office, they asked me to pay 100-150 (Even 200-300rupees in case i use data) more than what i actually calculated on pro-rata.

Porting to Jio post-Aadhaar

I wasn't sure if i should make a new thread so posting here.

Can someone who knows, explain the procedure and documents required etc. to port to Jio (or even get a new sim) without using aadhar e-kyc?

Porting to Jio post-Aadhaar

I wasn't sure if i should make a new thread so posting here.

Can someone who knows, explain the procedure and documents required etc. to port to Jio (or even get a new sim) without using aadhar e-kyc?

I did it recently via contacting them via twitter. Why twitter? they send the guy directly to my home with sim.

After contacting on twitter they called and verified basic details (name, Aadhar, address), the guy came next day with sim and did the e-kyc for Aadhar.

Not sure if Aadhar is not mandatory anymore.

Did it yesterday with a copy of driving licence. Original copy was asked for confirmation. And photograph of me was taken via their phone. Aadhar can also be provided as proof but no fingerprint business

Initially I had taken a colour Xerox of my driving licensee as I don't keep the original in wallet, but once I left the showroom, it kept failing saying porting rejected. Happened two times, only to realise that the colour copy was the culprit

Did it yesterday with a copy of driving licence. Original copy was asked for confirmation. And photograph of me was taken via their phone. Aadhar can also be provided as proof but no fingerprint business

Initially I had taken a colour Xerox of my driving licensee as I don't keep the original in wallet, but once I left the showroom, it kept failing saying porting rejected. Happened two times, only to realise that the colour copy was the culprit

Was this at the store or at home? If store will they do a follow-up address verification etc. ?

A friend who's a Jio employee said all 9 of his sims had a home verification done even though it's a corporate plan and aadhaar e-kyc. very strange

Maybe it's because of the corporate/employee thing? He got sims for all his family members.

Back