Votes: 40 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Waiting for better plans to come

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
You sure because it's 9 sim pan India. Why would Maharashtra have different law for sim cards on Adhaar.

Yes, when Jio came I went berserk and brought many sims for the family. This was well before the official launch and got using Samsung specific mobile codes. For the seventh card it rejected from their system itself. Nobody knew what was happening, I called CC and from them came to know for Maharashtra state there is 6 sim limit.

Last month I contacted them on twitter, asked them to deactivate unused sims(3) from my account so I can port in my Vodafone post paid. Jio twitter guys helped it.

How is jio during travelling? Or is it still limited only to cities and towns. Do we get seamless connectivity while driving like for gps and entertainment purpose and of course smooth calling?
If yes would like to ditch Vodafone. Airtel was on my minds but their hidden billing amounts makes scary.
Idea is going good even after merger with Vodafone where the Vodafone users have and still are suffering badly after merger idea doesn't seems to be affected even an inch.
So now its either Idea or Jio.

Last month I contacted them on twitter, asked them to deactivate unused sims(3) from my account so I can port in my Vodafone post paid. Jio twitter guys helped it.

What was process you followed? Did you need to go somewhere or was it done through call/sms/app?

What was process you followed? Did you need to go somewhere or was it done through call/sms/app?
Contacted the on twitter, they asked to DM, got call to confirm available number under my Aadhar, sent guy next day to deliver sim. It was activated post vodafone clearance.

While passing by the jio stall outside a reliance digital i casually asked the guy how to port. he mentioned the usual sms port to xyz, then said aadhaar... I interrupted him and said but isn't aadhaar not allowed now? He quickly responded with ok bring you voter's id, pan etc.

I think one photo is also needed. They will fill the paper form and it will take about 7 days.

I ported my Jio number to Airtel to ensure I have different operators. They asked for Aadhar, but wanted the physical card which I did not have. Did the work with voters ID.

Just bought a Jiophone for my housemaid. They clicked a photo of me and my Aadhar card and submitted it through the dealer app on their phone. No e-KYC was done. Connection was activated within 1hr.

So i guess them clicking the photos saves having to hand them a physical one and also saves on photocopies of the id/address proof.

I went to local shop for porting my dad's sim to Jio. Carried my passport but they were only comfortable with Aadhar, asked me to print colour copy of aadhar which I refused.
Will go to Reliance digital tomorrow and get it done on passport. I'm ready to get it done on Aadhar too but why a bloody printout ![DOUBLEPOST=1544629044][/DOUBLEPOST]OT : Anyone knows the PIN code for Jio sim ? I've tried three combinations on 2 sims none worked - 12345, 1234, 0000
DOnt really want to suck up to customer care for this, if anyone knows fine, else will just pass :bored:

I went to local shop for porting my dad's sim to Jio. Carried my passport but they were only comfortable with Aadhar, asked me to print colour copy of aadhar which I refused.
Will go to Reliance digital tomorrow and get it done on passport. I'm ready to get it done on Aadhar too but why a bloody printout ![DOUBLEPOST=1544629044][/DOUBLEPOST]OT : Anyone knows the PIN code for Jio sim ? I've tried three combinations on 2 sims none worked - 12345, 1234, 0000
DOnt really want to suck up to customer care for this, if anyone knows fine, else will just pass :bored:

Airtel too asked for Aadhar only. When I said I don't have it, then relented and said voters ID would be OK. However, why they want the FRC to be done in cash, and that too without any receipt, smacks of fraud.[DOUBLEPOST=1544676598][/DOUBLEPOST]@paarkhi When porting, dont pay them any amount, they are asking for 559 or so for 90 days FRC (1.4GB plus UL plan). However, they will not refund the money if porting is un-successful. Plus, I think the FRC is more expensive - instead I did a RC of 10 INR and then did 448 for 82 days.[DOUBLEPOST=1544692773][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and porting was done yesterday night at 10:30 PM. Had no connectivity for about 45 minutes.

Last edited:
Jio guys demanded the rs. 99 prime charge from my friend when he tried to port from rcom. it failed and he lost the 99. tried later with the correct porting operator code and it worked. but he never got the first 99 back. had to pay 99 again.

Back