Votes: 40 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 48 41.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Waiting for better plans to come

Votes: 8 6.8%

• Total voters
@Julian @vivek.krishnan Applied for porting yesterday, the retailer asked only ₹20 as simcard charges for porting, he said rest everything is once you are ported....

Airtel right? I did not even pay that ;)

I told Airtel gallery I will do the FRC later on, don't want to waste money on FRC if the porting is not successful.

Either way, in less than a week, I might be going to leave Airtel to Vodafone, the network at my place is going flip flop - just came home today from North India. Airtel has not given any alternate numbers to contact their CC. If they dont allow porting, the first day I can, I am going to ditch them for good. All the BS that the network has improved.[DOUBLEPOST=1544815595][/DOUBLEPOST]
Jio guys demanded the rs. 99 prime charge from my friend when he tried to port from rcom. it failed and he lost the 99. tried later with the correct porting operator code and it worked. but he never got the first 99 back. had to pay 99 again.

Thats why I refused to pay the FRC. This is done by all operators. The only saving grace for Jio is that you can do the RC online, with Failtel and Vodea, you need to get it done from a retailer.

^^ i'm not sure what the current rules are (if there are any) about porting after porting, but earlier you couldn't for 90 days.

Jio guys demanded the rs. 99 prime charge from my friend when he tried to port from rcom. it failed and he lost the 99. tried later with the correct porting operator code and it worked. but he never got the first 99 back. had to pay 99 again.
Really? I have done a lot of porting this and last year. It is free. They just need your EKYC (Aadhar is easiest) and a porting code. Nothing else, but yes I did not port from rcom. But sims are free.

Really? I have done a lot of porting this and last year. It is free. They just need your EKYC (Aadhar is easiest) and a porting code. Nothing else, but yes I did not port from rcom. But sims are free.

I'm pretty sure that was a one-off incident, but i just mentioned so that people know that sometimes, sh!t happens...

Ah! But in my case, I got them to come to my house for the porting. VI to Jio, prepaid. Parents quite happy!

Just checked on Jio.com, they are asking for Rs.99 for home delivery of sim (port). Did you pay that?

PS: I got a sim home delivered in Feb'2017 when it was all free without any delivery charges.

Just checked on Jio.com, they are asking for Rs.99 for home delivery of sim (port). Did you pay that?

PS: I got a sim home delivered in Feb'2017 when it was all free without any delivery charges.
That's is Jio Prime recharge, After that u have to just recharge with normal plan which ever u want.

2 days porting started?

No, not yet.

FInally put my Dad's BSNL to port off to Jio. Visited Reliance express store, as usual paid nothing for porting and no FRC asked either. Their new KYC is cumbersome, they didn't agree to do it on my passport. Voter id worked, clicked a photo of mine from their phone and done.

One strange thing, BSNL doesn't even notifies you that a port request has been received, forget the calling & pestering. I got the porting message from Jio on my alternate number that the request for main number has been received but ZERO communication from BSNL. Same happened when I ported my mom's BSNL. They don't give a rat's @ss to customer retention like $hit. Sit in a comfy chair, rebuke anyone who reminds them of the timeline for an unresolved issue, refuse to sort any issue without talking to maybe Telecom minister or PMO, get the monthly salary with all 6-7th Pay commission benefits, some fine day retire and enjoy the pension and if time permits blame the government for not helping enough against the onslaught of Jio and call a bandh to enjoy yet another day !

Back