Poor write speeds on Sandisk Extreme Go 64GB

fractal

Disciple
I got a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Go USB 3.1 Pendrive from Amazon recently. It promises up to 200 MB/s read and up to 150 MB/s write speeds. It also advertises on the box "Write 35X faster"

I am getting 150 MB/s read and 40 MB/s write speeds. The write speed is a letdown. There is no problem with the OS, drivers, or the USB port as I get expected speeds with an external SSD

This makes me think the problem is with the pendrive itself. Does anyone have this pendrive and if so what numbers do you see?[DOUBLEPOST=1541828793][/DOUBLEPOST]I changed the format from exFat to NTFS, turned on write caching, but no appreciable improvement in the write speeds.

Is this the write speed expected (anyone have this model?) or is it worthwhile to do an RMA with Sandisk,

This was brought from Amazon but they don't allow replacements of pendrives

Sandisk Extreme Go 64GB CrystalMark Benchmark.jpg

Last edited:
You failed to notice the words "upto" mate. IMO the figures advertised in the packing are the theoretical speeds. I don't think your unit deserves rma.
Btw what motherboard do you have ?. Is usb 3.1 fully supported ?. The transfer speeds depend upon the quality of the front panel ports in your chassis. And that too must support usb 3.1 to take advantage of the usb 3.1 features.

Last edited:
Back