Port Forwarding - Tata Indicom Wimax

Hells_Fury

Disciple
Hey guys,

I've got a 512 kbps unlimited Wimax connection from Tata Indicom. The antenna is connected to a PowerdSine PoE device which is in turn connected to my wireless router (Linksys WRT54G2) and my 2 PCs are connected to the router.

My problem is that none of the ports seem to be open. I get the red exclamation mark in uTorrent and when I check to see if the port is being forwarded, it says the port is not open. I called up customer care and they said that they do not block any ports on their end. I am using only Windows Firewall and uTorrent has been added as an exception. Even if I disable windows firewall, the ports are still not open. I have also configured port forwarding on my router.

Is anyone else facing a similar problem or does anyone know a solution for this?

Tata Prepaid Connection - You get a Lan based IP - 10.xxx.xxx.xxx

Tata PostPaid Connection - You get your own Static IP.

Once you get your static IP you will be able to port forward from your router.Btw even if you have postpaid they wont give you static IP for free. Just say to them that you bought this connection because you want to connect to your Office VPN ( cisco) and its not working.. they will do the needful :)

I had called up customer care earlier and asked for static IP. They said I will either have to apply for it separately or apply for the Infinity 512 plus plan which comes with a static IP. I have applied for a plan upgrade. Should take effect from 1st May onwards.

Thanks for the help :) Hope its fine after I get the static IP.

Back