Portability of XBOX 360 & PS3?

overclocked

Disciple
I wanted to know about the portability of the two consoles, I'm travelling most of the time (in India only) so want to know that whether i'd be able to take any of the consoles with me..whether i'd would be allowed to carry them as hand baggage or check-in baggage..

Which of the two consoles is better when it comes to portability..don't want to buy a PSP or an expnesive laptop :no:

Lastly is there any carry case available for either of the two???

Heh portability of an Xbox 360 or a PS3. Sure they are pretty portable. You can hire a private truck to haul them around. :D

Seriously though both of them are freaking huge (and wiegh a ton as well). If you want protability you are much better off with a slimline PS2 or a Wii. Plus since you cant lug a HDTV around the latter would be much better in a SDTV scenario.

^^ very true ..if a good LCD isnt available to you most of the time ..

you can get a PS2 slim ..there's a new model which comes without the power charging brick as theyve installed it within the PS2. see if you can get that.

If you have a PS3, it is the least of your issues, first you have to lug the TV (Even a big LCD) which would be huge compared to the PS3.

by the way any reason why you dont like PSP ?

and maybe you would end up spending around 30k+ for PS3. assuming you would buy 2-3 original games + dual shock controller and a good carry case.

so i suggest buying a decent laptop with 8400 GS or if possible 8600GT(more than 30k)

so you can game and along with that engage in multimedia activities +surfing etc.

but thats only if you are looking for casual gaming.

incase you are looking for hard core gaming there's no alternative to a console :p

so here are the options you have :

1)PS3/X360

quiet heavy and not portable. difficult to carry around unless you have your own vehicle..also games wont be in its full glory unless you have HDTV

2)PS2 slim

looks perfect for your needs assuming you have a CRT TV atleast at the places where you keep moving to.

3)PSP

is a really good portable gaming+multimedia device..

BUT you dont want to buy one. .

4) a decent lappy for casual gaming...

If you want a portable gaming machine. PSP is the way to go. PS2 is as bad an idea as PS3 or XBOX 360.

1. You will need a TV to use it where ever you take it.

2. You cannot play on the move like with a PSP.

3. Though its going strong for the moment, PS2 is slowly nearing its end and you will not be impressed by the graphics on this platform if you have experienced any recent games on PC or XBOX 360/PS3. In terms of game play though there are a lot of good titles and a large library to choose from. But still for the burden of carrying it around, you would not even have the pleasure of next gen gaming.

As for PS3 and XBOX 360, PS3 weight about 5 Kilos and XBOX 360 about the same or a little less if you include the weight of the power brick. They are quite delicate and not meant to be carried around like that. There are lot of options available for carry cases, but still neither of them are meant to be portable consoles.

Thats why PSP fits the bill perfectly.

I don't know about the PS3 but I have carried around my X360. I usuall carry it in my Laptop backpack with the laptop. You can carry it as ur cabin luggage.I have had a few issues though in security check where the guys got confused seeing two motherborads in the X-ray screen(Laptop and X360).. They usually ask me to show what is inside other than the laptop. When I explain it to Policeman he usually understands..
There was just this one time where he asked me to show the bill and to start it up when I told him its a gaming console...
So just carry around ur bill incase something like this occurs....

I can carry the Laptop, console and two controllers with ease....Although it is a bit heavy for prolonged carrying :bleh:...

scarezebra said:
I don't know about the PS3 but I have carried around my X360. I usuall carry it in my Laptop backpack with the laptop. You can carry it as ur cabin luggage.I have had a few issues though in security check where the guys got confused seeing two motherborads in the X-ray screen(Laptop and X360).. They usually ask me to show what is inside other than the laptop. When I explain it to Policeman he usually understands..
There was just this one time where he asked me to show the bill and to start it up when I told him its a gaming console...
So just carry around ur bill incase something like this occurs....

I can carry the Laptop, console and two controllers with ease....Although it is a bit heavy for prolonged carrying :bleh:...

PS3 is a bit more rugged than XBOX 360 and probably more easier to carry since there is not separate power brick, but still I don't think these consoles are some thing that can be carried around like a laptop. Its too much trouble :p

Thanks all

I just bought an Xbox 360 core..and GTA IV ofcourse :hap2: regarding the question of carrying a nice LCD TV, i would like to answer that by telling that most of the hotels do have nice LCD TVs in the rooms..most of'em have the samsung ones..n the current hotel room has Philips LCD TV with a DVI input as well..

I'm yet to purchase a Component HD AV cable n the memory card:( :( :( ..

As far as carrying it is concerned, then i guess i'll have to take the console as hand baggage n the rest of the stuff in the bag as check-in..

And when it comes to PSP then just din want to dilute the experience and GTA IV is all the more reason to go for Xbox 360/PS3..as far as a Lappy is concerned then i do have one..

Xbox 360 is a much better choice than a PS3 IMHO since it can use any LCD monitor. The PS3 requires the LCD TV to be HDCP compatible.

mobility btr is PSP...otherwise go for PS3......don know much abt Xboxss.....

a decent lappy for causal gaming is a good choice....but again depends on the types of the game.......

BF1983 said:
Xbox 360 is a much better choice than a PS3 IMHO since it can use any LCD monitor. The PS3 requires the LCD TV to be HDCP compatible.

huh.. You can always use component cables to get output even if you do not have HDCP in you LCD TV/Monitor. :D

Back