Car & Bike Positive experience from Customer Care of Mahindra 2 Wheelers!

In the world of pathetic Customer service, especially in the Auto sector, I would like to share a positive experience from Customer Care of Mahindra 2 Wheelers!

November 2010: I bought a Mahindra Rodeo from a dealer here in Goa. The decision to buy this was mainly based on ready availability as compared to months of waiting period for the competitors. Some of the nice features Rodeo has turned out to be bonus. I was happy with the initial impression.

December 2010: Noticed the problem with the self start. With Rodeo idle for 2 days, the self-start failed to work. I assumed it to be problem with the battery and took it to the service centre. The service engineers checked and confirmed battery drainage and recharged the battery. The problem was rectified for about 2 weeks.

January 2011: 3 Weeks after the service centre worked on the self-start/battery issue, the problem resurfaced again. This time, I took the scooter to a different (nearer) service centre which had started its operation in the same month. The service engineers there checked the issue and charged the battery again and tightened the connections, but could not locate exactly why the battery drained. I was not so happy with their approach, but decided to wait and check if problem goes away.

10th February 2011: A few days after the second attempt at resolving the problem, the problem raised its ugly head again. I was very much frustrated, especially because my wife was using this scooter most of the time, and with self-start not working properly, it was pretty much useless for her. I wrote a strong mail to the Mahindra 2 wheelers Customer care (customercare@mahindra2wheelers.com) explaining my problem at 6:04PM. I also sent a copy of the same to Anoop Mathur (Head of Mahindra 2 Wheelers Division). I expected a reply in 2-3 days.

From 7:00 PM itself, I started getting calls from Mahindra Care. I was unable to take them as I was traveling. Finally at 7:15 PM, I was able to take to Mahindra Service Senior Engineer Sunil (who was incidentally in Goa for some work on that day), and he mentioned that he had received a call from their West India Customer Care office that my problem needs to be resolved within 24 Hours. Sunil mentioned that he would personally be present at the Service centre the next day to resolve my problem. I was totally shocked to say the least. I assume that the sending a copy of the mail to their Head must have set things rolling.

11th February 2011: I sent the scooter to the Service Centre. Mr. Sunil personally checked the battery and other components and found that there was some current leakage from the speedometer component which drained the battery. The full part was replaced and it was tested for about an hour for leakages. I received the rectified scooter at 5:00 PM. That was less than 24 hours from the time I sent a mail to their Customer care. The West India Customer Care Head followed up with me
and confirmed that they worked on my issue.

22nd February 2011: I kept the scooter idle last 3.5 days and tried self-start. Lo and Behold, it worked perfectly fine. I am relieved that the problem that was there since mid November was finally resolved in a span of 1 day.

Its refreshing to have this kind of service, especially from an Indian company. I hope they treat every customer this way, and my case is not an exception. Anyone else got similar experiences?

I have good experiences from Chevy. for example, in past 3years they have changed parts worth of 50-80k(example: entire suspension & exhaust system) free of cost under their maintaince program. infact, they bear all costs, maintain & service it. so in past 3years, I only paid for fuel. the best part is they do this on their own - I never have to point out this & this is not working. they test and if something needs to be changed. they change it automatically. And their product(cars) are also have good build quality because there was not a case that car had broken down(touch wood:D) even though I have driven for long rides on national highways for long hours(delhi-jaipur non-stop:D):hap2:

Further, they call and remind everytime service is due. also, send pickup & drop the vehicle(very convenient) . What's more after each service, I get a call from their Head office - asking for feedback or If I had any problems with service.

from 3years gave me exceptional service with consistence, now that is impressive! so I am pretty sure, the next car I buy will also gonna be a chevrolet branded one:)

PS: did I mention, sometimes they send complimentary movie tickets just being a chevy customer. Icing on the cake:eek:hyeah:

Its refreshing to hear this. Its good to know there a some company who value their customer, generally the are threads citing bad experience especially in hdd section:p

imho Its an exception, for sure. If not, maybe for a limited time or at different periods/interval's of time, hehe :D, but, I do hope that in my short lifetime it becomes a standard, across all the sectors ;P, asking for toooo much hehehe.

btw, have you ridden the suzuki access? If yes, how does it compare in terms of power and torque? I bought one after I test rode and the rodeo was next in line to test ride, but... I loved the power and torque of the access so much that I never got around to test riding the Roadeo.

I had a ride on friend's Access and did not find much difference in power and torque of Rodeo and Access. Felt Rodeo to be a bit lighter. Bought Rodeo as I did not want to wait for more than a month for Access and few months for Activa.

nice to hear such fine experience from Mahindra.

also try twitter mr. anand mahindra himself sometimes is seen following issue so if no one responds at the level you are trying, try tweeting him :D

^^ thanks. I had to wait for 8 months after being promised a delivery time of 6 months and then I put some pressure and got in the next two days without the accessories that they were trying to force with the sale, which cost rs.3000 more,lol.

+ 1 for Chevrolet. I felt Chevy service and After sales is very decent than Maruthi and Hyundai.
Chevy always gave priority to the problems, infact till the problem is rectified.

After 6 months of problem-free operation, just when I thought that the self-start problem had truly gone away, it has resurfaced again. :(

I serviced my Rodeo 3 weeks ago, and got the side-stand buzzer fixed and after that the battery is getting drained. Not sure whether it is related to fixing of the problem related to the side-stand buzzer. Instead of going through the local service station (who do not seem to have competent service engineers), I contacted the service engineer who had resolved the problem earlier, and he has asked to get it to service station tomorrow. I hope it gets resolved soon.

Nice to hear this about Mahindra. This experience will go a long way and definitely be a bonus in terms of word of mouth promotion. Good going M & M

Update: Scooter was serviced today, and some problem was found with the dicky bulb remaining ON continuously even when it was closed. They have resolved the same. I will keep the scooter under observation for a few days before concluding that the problem is fixed. But, thanks to service engineer Sunil, who as always took personal interest in resolving the issue.

Update: After monitoring the self start for past few days, I can conclude the issue is resolved. The Service Engineer even gave me a free Mahindra 2 Wheelers T-shirt. The T-shirt quality is not so great (but not bad too), but the gesture matters!

Back