Possible to service Aquaguard water purifier by ourselves?

6pack

ex-Mod
AMC cost is about 3k for 2 years. They come only once every 6 months. So that's around 700+ per visit.

I've seen that spun activated carbon filters are available on Amazon for around 200. Are they the same? All the guy does is clean the filter with clean water and goes away.

Anyone servicing their own water filter at home?

Yes, you can do it yourself. Additionally, you can buy the same online or from their ASSC.

Would advice to ensure you have sealed/proper spares as you might end up with duplicates.

Which are the good non duplicate brands available?

I searched online but couldn't see anything for the classic water purifier. I wanted the carbon block plus those activated carbon granules.

I went with the Aquaguard AMC for around 3.5k for two years. GST made the price costlier.

The mrp on the original filters was 315 & 350. Even if the filters are changed just once a year, they only earn less than 1k per person. Plus the person who comes does it for a living and does a better job. Another point was why do all this experiment with drinking water. I wouldn't have any guarantee with 3rd party filters for water purity.

Which are the good non duplicate brands available?

We have never used non Aquaguard stuff, so would not know.

I went with the Aquaguard AMC for around 3.5k for two years. GST made the price costlier.

The mrp on the original filters was 315 & 350. Even if the filters are changed just once a year, they only earn less than 1k per person. Plus the person who comes does it for a living and does a better job. Another point was why do all this experiment with drinking water. I wouldn't have any guarantee with 3rd party filters for water purity.

Ensure that they open a sealed pack of filters. This is why we dumped Aquaguard and moved to pureit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know about Aquaguard, but I have serviced my Pureflo UF. It is very easy.
I could not find exact match sediment filter, so i got different brand (Aqua Grand) from a local shop and replaced it. It worked fine. Looks like the old sediment filter got choked up because of dirt and affected the water flow.
But i did not like the quality of the replacement i got, it felt lighter compared to the original spare part. There was also a spelling mistake on the label - that didnt inspire any confidence either

I noticed one thing. All these kits are costly and give chinese components. Plus what will we do if pump or ir led fails inside the system? If we fork out a little bit more than the 2500-3000 rupees these kits are being priced at, we get 2 years service from the AMC and upto 4 visits per year for cleaning the system. Even IR led or bulb is replaced free of cost (my systems IR led failed and was replaced free). New costs 250 or so i was told.

Yes it's possible. But is it worth the effort? It's not just the filters that need replacing, most of the times the psu, motor, automatic switch, piping etc will malfunction. That needs professional help. You might be able to trouble shoot but it's very unglamourous job(my opinion) and drinking water is a priority so needs fast intervention. I'm resigned to the idea that my ro unit is going to cost me 3k off every year.

Back