Audio Power Fluctuation blowing foreign appliances?

Hey all,

Back after a long time to post a query.
Today morning there was a slight power fluctuation in my area (Pune). Some lights flickered, one of the elecrtical cut offs switches, turned itself off. I didn't think much of it until...

I noticed that my ultra expensive Audioengine HD6 (imported from US), Google Home (US again) and Panasonic Cordless phone (working with indian style adapter) are all not working! Heart skipped many beats and I'm now reaching out to this community for support. The one common thread I'm seeing is that my India bought Smart TV (LG) etc is unaffected. but the ones that aren't turning on now are the foreign ones.

Aisa bhi hota hai kya? Are the foreign appliances more susceptible to fusing during power fluctuations? If so, what are my options (other than loudly lamenting my ruin).

I changed it to other rooms and checked just to ensure 1 phase being down is not a problem. No response.

So please guys, would appreciate any help suggestions!

Thanks in advance :)

If all those devices have a spec that reads input voltages range from 110v to 240v, then it should handle power fluctuation upto around 260v , anything higher will damage them. I personally make sure the voltage to any of my electronics stay below 250v and to appliances 260v.

Having a voltage stabilizer helps, you could get a servo stabilzer for your whole house, a 7.5kva stabilzer should be enough per single phase. Get a 10kva, If you have some heavy inductive load appliances, like a 2 ton plus regular air con or switch on multiple heavy load appliances. or get 7.5kva three phase servo stabilizer, if your house load is evenly distributed to the three phases.

To minimize the effect of a sudden short duration surge, install surge protectors.

I noticed that my ultra expensive Audioengine HD6 (imported from US), Google Home (US again) and Panasonic Cordless phone (working with indian style adapter) are all not working!
Could be just the power adapter that blew instead of the device itself. All these device you mention run on DC, IIANM, so if there is a problem its the power brick that supplies them.

Do you have a multi meter to check if there is any power coming out of the plug that connects to the device ? that would help to isolate the faulty link.

Is there a way for you try with a different power adapter that outputs specs similar to what these devices use ?

Aisa bhi hota hai kya? Are the foreign appliances more susceptible to fusing during power fluctuations? If so, what are my options (other than loudly lamenting my ruin).

I changed it to other rooms and checked just to ensure 1 phase being down is not a problem. No response.
Hard to say, as we don't know whether there was a surge or not. Did you get a burning smell ?

A fluctuation normally should not cause this problem.

Back