Audio power for a receiver for Home Theater from US

freshseasons1 said:
So finally is the amp blown or what...?

As you said you got the thing from ebay Global for about 16K. Does it include shipping,customs etc.

If yes wow man ! Such a nice deal.! I had love to fish there sometime.

I'll know that tomorrow. Yes, all included, 16.8k:)
UPDATE:

Atleast the display is coming on now (after plugging it into the 1kva transformer):D. I have to wait for my Wharfedale speakers to arrive to test it completely.

Also tried to connect my xbox via hdmi. Was able to hear the sound clearly from the headphones

I have got a Panasonic SA -XR 55 from US around 4 years back. Have been using them with 300 Watt step down transformers made locally (for INR 2k).. So far working like a charm.

Hopefully, you have not damaged your receiver.. Keep us posted on how it goes with the speakers..

*phew*

Congrats! :)

Btw what wharfedale setup? Bookshelves x 5 + center speaker or just a pair of bookshelves?

how much did it cost after shipping, as far as I know it can be found for as low as 21-22 in india with warranty and 230v model.

corelement said:
how much did it cost after shipping, as far as I know it can be found for as low as 21-22 in india with warranty and 230v model.

after shipping, 16.8 k. You need to keep an eye on the ebay offers, they come up with offers like free shipping + zero customs from the US. But then later I brought a 1kva step down, which costed me 2.5k. I think even a 500va would have sufficed, but the wharfedale speakers were coming from dubai, so I didn't know if the woofer would require a step down or not, so I went in for a 1kva. Anyways, the difference between a 1kva and a 500va is 500 bucks.
I think it would be worth buying it from India if you are getting it at that price plus warranty, who wants to go through all that zhan-jat. Plus if you live in Pune, there are people waiting to charge you octroi (to make roads I believe :) . If they had not built those roads, I would not have received my amp. But somehow, people in other states receive it by roads, and get it octroi free. I buy a Ford Figo, and I pay 6000 more as octroi, but people residing in Pimpri, are exempt. Sorry for going off topic, but this octroi thing has really spoilt the joy of shopping, let it be ebay, or anywhere)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Desecrator said:
Nice!

Damages for the components please. :p
hmm, seems like there were no damages to any of the components. I use the xbox to transmit picture and multi-channel audio through hdmi, and everything sounds good

Oli said:
hmm, seems like there were no damages to any of the components. I use the xbox to transmit picture and multi-channel audio through hdmi, and everything sounds good
he meant the price :p

Udit said:
he meant the price :p

:huh:
the other components , speakers for woofer, not sure about the price for these (got it as a gift). But should have costed me less than 10k or maybe even 6-7k considering it was brought from the Dubai shopping festival stock.

Back