Power supply needed

satanheart

Disciple
Just sold my vx450. never knew I would need something more powerful any my config is q6600 3.0 with vendata 2,gb ep31 -ds3l,4gb ram , 1ta black edition wd hdd,dvd writer and going to buy 5870 or 470. So need a power supply which will give my comp sufficient power.and 4 dont have to upgrade my psu again if I upgrade to 6000 series of ati in future:)

Why did you sell your VX450?

And if you have the money, go for VX550 (Corsair), I cant think of any single card that is currently there in the market or will be there which will need more power, specially observing the fact that GPUs are getting more and more power efficient.

Get a VX550 in case you decide a HD5870. As Mephistopheles says it should be enough for few years to come as GPU power efficiency is increasing with each generation. :)

Corsair anyday, though there are some some really nice ones from Coolermaster, but nothing beats a Corsair/Seasonic IMHO.

A Corsair will last you longer, with the same efficiency staying with you for a longer period of time, this is due to better internals of their PSUs.

Back