Budget Above 25K Power user phone replacement

Sherl

Recruit
I am an ardent fan of ,mobile productivity. I began journey with N70 way back in 2008 and have traveled with HTCs, iPhones and with Samsung Galaxy S Series and the Note.

At present I own a Note 3 LTE with comes with SnapDragon 800 (N900T). This is the only phone which made much impressed with samsung, whatever, plastic crap you may call it.

I use it with the following setup Android DeOdexed with Root+ Omniswipe +5.0.1 ROM from DarkLord
Hardware: 32GB internal+64GB SD Class 10
Battery: Samsung battery charging kit with two spare batteries.

I swap batteries every day instead of plugging the phone in the dock and I find this as most convenient way of doing it when compared to mobile power bank. So, this is the most important requirement for me.

uk_EB-K600BEWEGWW_021_Origin_white_10029795071407

Requirement:
I read a lot on screen (5.7" Min screen size) and I have reasonably big palm to handle the 6" too;
Multitask on the device (I'll be running/hibernating some 100+ chrome tabs, Quora, Whatsapp, and some sync for emails and few calls inbetween);
Battery should last 5-7 hrs screen on time.

Now, I am looking for replacement for the Note 3. Much of my research outcomes go with Note 4, not any greater. And I would be interested in buying US version instead of Asia version so please let me know what can I pick in the market if not Note 4 with the above specified requirements.

Budget is not a constrain clearly.

How about a tablet+keyboard combo for your usage?

I am also a fan of mobile productivity and tabs provide you with more screen real estate. Plus the battery life that they give is much better!

I use a belkin bluetooth keyboard for android with my tablet. I use it for replying to emails, forums (typing this on my tab+keyboard setup!), browsing and taking notes. Without keyboard I read a lot of ebooks and watch movies sometimes.
Heck I even play Real racing 3 using the keyboard! Will also try asphalt and fifa :D
Sometimes, I even connect the mouse for the full pc experience :p

How about a tablet+keyboard combo for your usage?

I am also a fan of mobile productivity and tabs provide you with more screen real estate. Plus the battery life that they give is much better!

I use a belkin bluetooth keyboard for android with my tablet. I use it for replying to emails, forums (typing this on my tab+keyboard setup!), browsing and taking notes. Without keyboard I read a lot of ebooks and watch movies sometimes.
Heck I even play Real racing 3 using the keyboard! Will also try asphalt and fifa :D
Sometimes, I even connect the mouse for the full pc experience :p

I want this to be austere. Lesser the clutter more the focus. Essentially I am looking for one device to live with.
Before moving to Note 3, I was using the less powerful Note 2 and I have considered having tab and droid combo but the Sync and application switching, data storage, customization in both is simply pain and would be less fecund.

If something has 6" Screen+SnapDragon+3/4GB RAM+External SD+Removable Battery+Android XDA dev community support, a winner for me.
I would be ready to pick the Note 4 happily if it had the big screen.

Do we have someone to help here? or Should I head towards XDA. I opened this thread to phoneheads who are aware about the Indian scenario.

LG V10, Note 4 ~ ticks most boxes viz. 5.7" screen, 4GB RAM, removable battery, expandable memory
Nexus 6P, Note 5, S6 Edge+ ~ removable battery and expandable memory is gone here from above list
Moto X Style ~ 3GB RAM and again non-removable battery

LG V10, Note 4 ~ ticks most boxes viz. 5.7" screen, 4GB RAM, removable battery, expandable memory
Nexus 6P, Note 5, S6 Edge+ ~ removable battery and expandable memory is gone here from above list
Moto X Style ~ 3GB RAM and again non-removable battery
Nothing new in the market for me? Atleast something at 6" and with above reqts?

Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Asus Zenfone 2 Deluxe, Huawei Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Mate 8...or wait for the Huawei Mate 9 with 6 GB RAM, 128 GB internal & upto 200 GB external storage. Asus & the Huawei's come with bigger batteries but are non-removable. Check out the specifications of these phones on gsmarena.

Back