CPU/Mobo Press power button atleast 3-5 times, to start PC.

Futureized

Adept
Feb 11, 2013
Mumbai
www.wikipedia.org
When was the last time you cleaned that system? Such a nice full tower and blanketed in dust. Sad.
Got cleaned from a friend (who is local hardware engineer) he got a powerful blower, Dismantled lot of stuff and cleaned it properly..
Been like 2 years.. After that I used house broom few times to clean outer area.. :(

• Wow
Reactions: atiamd

Futureized

Adept
Feb 11, 2013
Mumbai
www.wikipedia.org
Thanks for suggestions guys, got entire PC cleaned today.. My friend who is a very good hardware guy did the same for me.
It took him 5 hours I guess, he opened all the components (including motherboard, opened GPU SCREWS, COOLER ETC. ) and fixed everything..
Check pics, but still the power button is taking that long and same number of times to be pressed, he will be change the reset/power button thing in day or 2 as it was too late..

Edit: Now it seems PC is making more noise.. MAINLY fan rotation..

Attachments

mk76

Adept
Dec 4, 2008
I've switched Power and Reset button. Working ok.
Next step is to figure out how to replace the power switch. Cabinet Corsair 760T

mk76

Adept
Dec 4, 2008
Drop a mail to indiaservice@corsair.com they may help you
Thanks. Will check with them
Post automatically merged:

You meant replace the PSU ? Kindly elaborate ?
I've switched the jumpers to use RESET SW as main power switch and observed that it is working fine. System turns on in one click. This indicates that POWER SW on the front panel might be having some issue and may need to be replaced.

Need to check if the whole panel has to be changed or I can get a switch and solder it.