CPU/Mobo Press power button atleast 3-5 times, to start PC.

Futureized

Skilled
Some strange problem for past few weeks, I have to press the power button atleast 3-5 times while turning on PC everyday in morning.
Is there anything wrong, I should fix before hand ?

TY.

Same here. I tried to clean cabinet switch. Still no good.
At times i have to press it for 2-3 sec in order to turn it on.

Thats probably a failing PSU. In my other PC, I have a dead corsair 750TX. For many months, I had to press the power button like 5 6 times to start it. One day, the PC refused to start. Turned out my PSU was dead. Just letting it out here. Its a possibility.

Thats probably a failing PSU. In my other PC, I have a dead corsair 750TX. For many months, I had to press the power button like 5 6 times to start it. One day, the PC refused to start. Turned out my PSU was dead. Just letting it out here. Its a possibility.
Hmm. Two weeks ago my Asus mobo detected surges and shutdown. I cleaned up the psu fan and cabinet filter ( had dust built up) and it's fine since then.

Thanks for suggestions, my PC is just 1 feet away from big window, and dust is most common thing getting accumalated all over, just within a week too.

@atiamd This is 2nd or 3rd PSU in the same UNIT. SINCE LAST 3-4 years.
Any suggestions to check health of PSU ?

or dust can be one of reasons ?

Which psu do you have? And I hope you don't cover your tower with anything to save it from dust?
Its Antec 750W PSU.
Check attached screenshots for dust accumalated inside/outside PC,
I dont cover my tower with anything, infact the door on wall side is kept open.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 144
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 148
Any other way to remove dust apart from those 2 options ? @technofast
Hair dryer will work ?
Hair dryer will be too hot and may damage the components. The amount of dust there, it requires a blower or compressed air. You can also use the blower in vacum cleaner in short burst to clear the dust and later use isopropyl alcohol to wipe out the dirt.

Okay.... You got some cleaning to do. And then figure out how not to accumulate this much dust again. Use that blower every 3 days

Its Antec 750W PSU.
Check attached screenshots for dust accumalated inside/outside PC,
I dont cover my tower with anything, infact the door on wall side is kept open.
hELL!! Your system need some serious cleansing man. Wonder why you dont care to look after it.

Back