Pressure transducer pipe thread size

rajil.s

Adept
I want to mount a pressure transducer (with arduino) on municipal supplied water pipe. I am interested in this sensor. Most sensors being sold have either US NPT size or British G size. Anybody knows what thread standard is used in India?

If anybody has access to a plumber who can answer this, that will be awesome. I found this video on youtube but they did not talk about the thread size at all.

Last edited:
You do not need to worry about the thread sizes - there will be a sensor which will fit our pipes because the auto water pump (which fill the underwater and overhead tanks) should be having one. You need to speak to the guys who makes them, they can help with the correct sensor.

You do not need to worry about the thread sizes - there will be a sensor which will fit our pipes because the auto water pump (which fill the underwater and overhead tanks) should be having one. You need to speak to the guys who makes them, they can help with the correct sensor.

I dont know about this 'auto water pump', can you point to me what these are?

At my place we have a pump which need to switched on manually.

I want to mount a pressure transducer (with arduino) on municipal supplied water pipe. I am interested in this sensor. Most sensors being sold have either US NPT size or British G size. Anybody knows what thread standard is used in India?

If anybody has access to a plumber who can answer this, that will be awesome. I found this video on youtube but they did not talk about the thread size at all.

Wherever GI pipes are used the thread will be mostly BSP. NPT is tapered thread. BSP has both parallel and taper thread (BSPP and BSPT). Normally all GI lines will have parallel thread.

You can use NPT in BSP with some Teflon tapes wrapped, if you have purchased wrongly. Don't worry. Some sites will mention BSP thread as G.

Back