FS: Desktops Price Drop : Intel Core i5 6600K + Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3

Can you please check if intel does warranty in India? From my experience, there is no warranty on stuff that is not bought in India. From my experience (there is a long thread of mine on TE) with intel, there should be no warranty. Can you please check and let me know?

Also, do the same for the mobo? (Is this the one with the built in DAC?)

Can you please check if intel does warranty in India? From my experience, there is no warranty on stuff that is not bought in India. From my experience (there is a long thread of mine on TE) with intel, there should be no warranty. Can you please check and let me know?

Also, do the same for the mobo? (Is this the one with the built in DAC?)

Sorry for a late reply, yes it has Amp-Up audio DAC, and as far as warranty on Intel processor is concerned, i cant comment whether the warranty would be honoured in India for a processor bought abroad.

But i will say this, i have built PCs extensively using Intel processor in last 15-20 yrs, not a single processor failed on me yet.

Intel processor are built like a tank, they dont fail easily.

As far as warranty on Gigabyte motherboard is concerned, people were able to RMA their motherboard in India bought abroad in the past and if i am not wrong Gigabyte boards are still service by the same service provider.

I am still using the combo, its in pristine condition, if you want me to do some tests to prove what i am saying is indeed true, i dont mind doing that.

Let me know.

Sorry for a late reply, yes it has Amp-Up audio DAC, and as far as warranty on Intel processor is concerned, i cant comment whether the warranty would be honoured in India for a processor bought abroad.

But i will say this, i have built PCs extensively using Intel processor in last 15-20 yrs, not a single processor failed on me yet.

Intel processor are built like a tank, they dont fail easily.

As far as warranty on Gigabyte motherboard is concerned, people were able to RMA their motherboard in India bought abroad in the past and if i am not wrong Gigabyte boards are still service by the same service provider.

I am still using the combo, its in pristine condition, if you want me to do some tests to prove what i am saying is indeed true, i dont mind doing that.

Let me know.

I understand that intel chips are built like tanks. However 2017 has been bad for my intel units (I have 5 design rigs). I had to RMA a couple of them and one went in twice.

Hence the concern.

I understand that intel chips are built like tanks. However 2017 has been bad for my intel units (I have 5 design rigs). I had to RMA a couple of them and one went in twice.

Hence the concern.

Ok. But i would still stand by the statement that Intel processors dont fail easily, would say the same about AMD processors aswell.

Processors go through thorough testing before hitting the market so chances of getting a bad chip are very slim.

Back