FS: Desktops Price Drop : Intel Core i5 6600K + Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3

I've already asked for the CPU, so if you do have an interest in the board alone maybe you would want to explore the possibility of the sale? I'm still looking, btw.

Hmm, I might be interested, but I am not currently in Mumbai. I can update you on whether I am still interested in about 10 days if you don't sell it off by then.....

Questions:

1) Do I need to change the CPU cooler combo or add new thermal paste?
2) Anything else I should be looking out for?
3) Seems no RAM is included.....Got a deal for that too?

Not giving any "offer price" right now as I am currently travelling, will only think/finalise this after I reach Mumbai....

Last edited:
1. When you change the CPU cooler its always recommended to change/apply new thermal paste.

2. Nope, I am selling Processor + Motherboard.

3. Nope, RAM is not included in the deal. If you already have DDR4 RAMs you can use with this combo or else you would have have to buy new ones.

That means I'll pretty much have to spend a lot on heatsink + RAM. Might be worth it to just buy new CPU + Mobo combo then. Let me think about this.[DOUBLEPOST=1513244070][/DOUBLEPOST]After some consideration, I think deal's off - I'll just buy a new one. I don't plan on OCing much as I will not be using the rig, and it seems currently financially lucrative to buy a new i5 7500 or Ryzen 5 1500X and pair it up with a cheap 8-9 K mobo.

Last edited:
That means I'll pretty much have to spend a lot on heatsink + RAM. Might be worth it to just buy new CPU + Mobo combo then. Let me think about this.[DOUBLEPOST=1513244070][/DOUBLEPOST]After some consideration, I think deal's off - I'll just buy a new one. I don't plan on OCing much as I will not be using the rig, and it seems currently financially lucrative to buy a new i5 7500 or Ryzen 5 1500X and pair it up with a cheap 8-9 K mobo.

FYI, 1500x doesnt come with HSF either.

Back