Print Option Greyed out in a PDF file.

sunnysibal

Disciple
The print option under the File menu of a PDF file is greyed out, due to which I am unable to print that file. I checked the Document Properties and under the Security tab, found the following attributes

Printing : not allowed
Document Assembly : not allowed
Content Copying/Extraction : Allowed.
Could anyone suggest a possible solution for the same.

^^ no talking about illegal activities such as password removal please. You should just convert it to another format using different word processor.

^^he is not asking for password

he is just asking how to print the pdf document as that tab is greyed!!

password protected files dont even open without a key

Two reasons why you cant print probably.

1. the document is set to non-printable : - You can verify this by

checking the Security Information of the document. If it is so, you can't. Period. You'd have to ask the provider of the file to have it printed for you.

2. It's most likely a protected document : -

You can use "Advanced Ebook Processor" to give you back control of PDF files on your computer.

You can use Foxit, but it also enforces the "no print" restriction on the PDF. After processing with Advanced Ebook Processor you will be able to open and print it with no restrictions. ;)

If you're really in a bind, or say you don't know the creator, couldn't you take a screenshot of the PDF and then print that? Would that be illegal?

And yeah, the quality wouldn't be presentation-worthy, but it's something. Eh? :lol:

Ok

Try using this Software -This just removes the password protection by changing the fonts & simply converting the layout HERE

Hope I am not doing anything wrong here.

I have encountered many such files. Use the software named Advanced pdf passsword recovery. If you can open the document it will decrypt it almost instataneously. After that all security restrictions are removed. Using this software is perfectly legal though decrypting a particular file may or may not be legal.

Thanks a lot..
The Advanced EBook Processor works..
I am able to decrypt and print the entire book...

I installed the demo version of AEBP. while decrypting it said that only 25% of the ebook would be decrypted.. But i was able to print all the pages..

|Anish| said:
Two reasons why you cant print probably.

1. the document is set to non-printable : - You can verify this by
checking the Security Information of the document. If it is so, you can't. Period. You'd have to ask the provider of the file to have it printed for you.

2. It's most likely a protected document : -
You can use "Advanced Ebook Processor" to give you back control of PDF files on your computer.
You can use Foxit, but it also enforces the "no print" restriction on the PDF. After processing with Advanced Ebook Processor you will be able to open and print it with no restrictions. ;)

If you're really in a bind, or say you don't know the creator, couldn't you take a screenshot of the PDF and then print that? Would that be illegal?
And yeah, the quality wouldn't be presentation-worthy, but it's something. Eh? :lol:

Back