PC Peripherals Printer: High volume text printing

techie_007

Skilled
Ok, so the better half is going to be doing some heavy report printing over the next 2-3 years.
Say around 1k+ pages per year. Also, need excellent text quality, so a laser seems a better option as compared to a CISS system. Dont need an AIO.

What I do need is a cheap printer in terms of running costs, so whats my best option? Initial budget isnt that big an issue so long as overall costs are lower. I am guessing I want something with easy to refill toner cartridges etc, or at least where I can buy refilled ones really cheap.

Pretty much noob on printers. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Hp Laserjet 1020 plus, would be a good option. Should cost you around 7k.
Best part is the toner can be refilled and a refilled toner gives around 2.5k pages (refilling costs around Rs.200 only, its even cheaper if you can do it on your own)

Thanks @gmano. The 1120 plus seems good. 3 queries:

1. In addition to the toner, what part changes/maintenance can i expect and after how many prints etc?
2. I am guessing this doesnt have wifi support. Any idea if theres a good wifi supporting model with same catridge etc?
3. Any printers with automatic duplex printing? How much do those cost?

1. There wont be any other repairs required in the printer (at least for the first few years), only toner needs refilling and change of drum etc
2. No wifi support, its just a basic laser printer. HP 1020 plus comes with Toner 12A and its high yield toner (about 2.5K pages), check for other printers which uses the same toner.
3. They cost a lot :p

+1 to gmano's suggestion of HP1020+.
The Toner needs servicing - replacing Drum (INR 200) every 2-4 refills, Blade (INR 100) every 2/3 refills.
Do ensure that they refill using Quality powder.
You can add the Printer supported wifi router from ASUS around 2k and convert it to wifi support.

You dont have to service the printer on any occasions. Just some blower to remove the powder waste if using low quality.

Got it. Croma seems cheapest with 10% off at 6.950k. Any other suggestions?

Regarding network print: Turns out the USB port on the Asus NT 13u I have should work :)

Last edited:
Its cheaper in Snapdeal with citibank 10% cash back offer (coupon : CITIOMG)
Should come to Rs. 6320
awesome, thanks. That seems cheapest indeed. Will order today. Thanks for the assist :)[DOUBLEPOST=1386168503][/DOUBLEPOST]Printer ordered.
@gmano @?dOuBtFiRe?
Ok, so for really good printing I will use 100gsm bond paper.
For normal use, I assume the printer (economy mode printing double sided) can handle basic copier paper in the 70-80gsm range? That should be good enough?

Last edited:
Back