Problem running Richard burns rally

Vignesh

Adept
As the title says, am having problems running Richard Burns rally on my comp.
Whenever I run the game, it runs fine for about 10-15mins after which I encounter one of the following:

1. The game crashes (a dump file is also created).
2. The game pauses for a few seconds and then resumes - but I can see white dots on the top of the screen (wherever an animation is being played).
3. The game just hangs and I have to kill the process manually.

My config:
A64 3000+ S754
512x2 Hynix DDR400
Asus K8N motherboard
XFX 6800GT ( running on 61.xx Forceware drivers )

All the components are running at stock speeds.

Am able to run other games like PainKiller, RTCW, NFS UG2 etc without problems. Has anybody experienced problems while running this game? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Vignesh.

@Rave - nah mate, it's a legit copy - got it from Landmark here.
@Chaos - thanks mate, I've downloaded them 71.89 drivers. Hope they cure these problems.
Just checked up www.richardburnsrally.com - they have released a patch for the game, I'll try updating my installation with them and see if they have the cure.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, then i think you need to patch up ur game..

i had similar problem with a few games when i used a cracked version, downloading some other crack wud make it run just fine...

anyways, try patching up the game and let us know

I got the 71.89 forceware installed and its much stable now. One strange problem is that if am playing the "Quick Rally" mode the game seems to run fine. However when I play the "Rally School" mode, the game crashes randomly. The video artifacts are cured now. I've not yet upgraded my game installation though, will try that out tonight - hope that sorts out the problem once and for all.

I really love this game, one of the best rallying games I've played so far :)

@Masky - you can always borrow my copy if you need em :)
@saumilsingh - I've not used gamepad before but the steering, accelerator everything is hyper sensitive exactly like a real rally car. Dunno how much that really makes it playable with the gamepad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is resolved now :) Installed the game patch and its running smooth for hours together. Am using XG71.89 drivers, the temperatures seem to have come down a bit - especially the idle temperatures. The idle temps using Forceware 71.89 was hovering around 65-68, now at 58-62.

Back