CPU/Mobo Problem(s) with IP35-E

@magnet - i thought the same and changed RAM from DDR2 800 mhz to 667. So now i am a proud owner of 2 'extra' pieces of 1 GB Transcend DDR2-800 :D

Are all Abit IP35 E owners facing this similar issue or only a few.

Also does bios update or driver update really solve this issue.

Also what about Abit IP35 Pro users is this issue there.

Even I'm thinking of getting this mobo. Now I'm worried because I will likely have at least a USB printer attached and maybe even the mouse/keyboard on USB too...

I m using mobo since 4-5 months, theres no serious issue. BIOS 12 Final and 16 Beta 01 r best. I dont have any USB device except mouse. I think JMicron controller is culprit for causing instability when PC boots.

Some users have faced SERIOUS Trouble, PC unable to start if room temp under 15C, capacitor near CPU socket is culprit, Abit offers 1yr free repacement/repair warranty. PC starts after heating after 5-6mins. No new reports of this issue r comming.

I am seriously rethinking which might be a better P35 solution which offers rock solid stability and overclocks , didnt knew abit ip35 had any issues but it’s the best bargain at the price.

Nothing is perfect buddy, U r seeing so many Abit IP35-E troubleshoot threads coz people cant ignore it @ price its selling now. Intel genuine mobo runs too hot, Giga facing BIOS corruption etc.

Get DFI LanParty DK P35, 139$, RAID etc everything, very good features.

Quad Master said:
I am seriously rethinking which might be a better P35 solution which offers rock solid stability and overclocks , didnt knew abit ip35 had any issues but it’s the best bargain at the price.

Problem with dfi is warranty here..abit too is good after a long time i m using a mobo with good bios option..also i didnt needed the manual for usb power connection since all is written on mobo with different colours

Punjab234 said:
I m using mobo since 4-5 months, theres no serious issue. BIOS 12 Final and 16 Beta 01 r best. I dont have any USB device except mouse. I think JMicron controller is culprit for causing instability when PC boots.

Some users have faced SERIOUS Trouble, PC unable to start if room temp under 15C, capacitor near CPU socket is culprit, Abit offers 1yr free repacement/repair warranty. PC starts after heating after 5-6mins. No new reports of this issue r comming.

I second that. The jmicron chipset is really really bad! Causes a lot of instability problems, and gave me one hell of a headache when i tried installing linux.

I've been using MSI P35 Neo mobo for about 7 months now...
Its offers rock solid stability and even overclocks quite well.:D
Temps are pretty fine too.
And it doesn't have any issues with USB devices whatsoever.
So i think its a good alternative to this Abit mobo.:p

checksum said:
I second that. The jmicron chipset is really really bad! Causes a lot of instability problems, and gave me one hell of a headache when i tried installing linux.

what sort of problems can u elaborate in detail.

jmicron is for all sata pata and esata is it. ???

or just the pata.

i also read of these jmicron/linux issues.

checksum, did linux give you issues because you had an old PATA (IDE) hdd or optical drive? or it gave you problems even without PATA devices connected? i hope the upcoming new releases of linux dont have issues with jmicron...

also, have you tried the latest BIOS ID version 16 for the IP35E, does that solve any more issues (dual boot/ usb) ?

Does the double-post also re-occur if you turn off mains power? I read this on AT forums...

Do you have any USB issues?

Back