iOS Problem with Iphone 5 and Vodaphone

matoind

Adept
I have an iphone 5 with firmware 7.x.x. Ever since the phone has been upgraded from ios 6.x.x, it stops making or receiving calls if the Wifi is turned on.

So I took the phone to Iphone service center. The lady said that it was a problem with Vodaphone network and the problem would remain even if the handset was replaced. I tried to argue that it was working upto ios 6.x. But she said that it was a problem with Iphone 5 only. She persisted that I should contact vodaphone and take some settings.

So I contacted vodaphone. They were amused at the suggestion. The Customer Care only suggested that I stop using Wifi.

I managed to to get a iphone replacement after some contacts with apple, but the problem is still there.

Guess Apple can have it's way. Earlier it was " You are not holding the phone right". Now it is "Your network is not right"!!

@matoind

Did you try with a Non Vodafone SIM Card, some other network ?
I have iPhone 4S on iOS 7.0.4 and vodafone and i face no issues.
If other networks are fine then may be get a replacement SIM from vodafone and try it.
Before doing all this, do a reset network settings and reboot phone and see if it works. If you are jailbroken, DO NOT do the erase all contents and settings, just a caution. But the reset network settings is safe even if jailbroken.[DOUBLEPOST=1392967298][/DOUBLEPOST]Also check this thread, seems others have this issue as well...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5322252?start=30&tstart=0

My wife is using iphone 5 on 7.0.4 with vodafone, never faced any problem like this. Get your phone replaced once and check.

Just noticed you have replaced the phone, i don't think you need to have contact to replace phone, here i have replaced iphone even for minor problems and they do it. yours seems to be much bigger problem.

I unfortunately face similar issues in my office, but not at home. The solution I've found is to turn off 3G while in office! I'm using Vodafone too, and these issues started as soon as I updated to iOS 7.

Forgot to add: At home, my phone is generally not in wifi range which is probably why I don't face this issue at home!

I got my phone replaced. But the problem was still there. But at least I got a new phone which I sold and upgraded to iPhone 5s. But the problem is still there. Vodafone person changed some settings, but the problem persists. Guess will have to port out or change the phone.

Apple blames Vodafone and vice versa. Funny part is that the problem started after 7.x update but they still blame Vodafone.

Back