Problem with my new 360?

Aphro_EVO

Disciple
I bought a new 360 slim 4GB recently. I have already finished a few games and it has been running perfectly alright, until I tried these two games Kane and Lynch 2 and Mafia 2. I bought used copies of these games from the local gamestop.

As soon as I put either of these discs in the drive, the console starts vibrating like anything and the ROM drive makes the funny vroooom sound which is way too loud. I have wooden floor here in my apartment which also vibrates because of the 360, its that crazy. I checked the discs and everything seems normal. No scratches on them just like the other games dvds which were bought new. The only difference is that these 2 discs have the GameStop ID stickers pasted on the discs. Could this be the reason for the noise?

Has anybody experienced this on their 360? Perhaps I could try removing those stickers but damn they have put it on them good.

Did you tried playing a movie from your 360 ? Just want to check whether the problem is with drive or the disc

Aphro_EVO said:
I bought a new 360 slim 4GB recently. I have already finished a few games and it has been running perfectly alright, until I tried these two games Kane and Lynch 2 and Mafia 2. I bought used copies of these games from the local gamestop.

As soon as I put either of these discs in the drive, the console starts vibrating like anything and the ROM drive makes the funny vroooom sound which is way too loud. I have wooden floor here in my apartment which also vibrates because of the 360, its that crazy. I checked the discs and everything seems normal. No scratches on them just like the other games dvds which were bought new. The only difference is that these 2 discs have the GameStop ID stickers pasted on the discs. Could this be the reason for the noise?

Has anybody experienced this on their 360? Perhaps I could try removing those stickers but damn they have put it on them good.

Hmmm...That's unusual. I always install my games to the HDD, so that it never has to read the disc at all. Unfortunately, in you case, the internal drive's size is too small to fit either of these games. If you have a 8GB thumb drive, try using that as your storage medium. It can contain one game install. Try installing the game data on it and see if the issue persists.

I was finally able to remove the sticker from Kane and Lynch dvd and voila no more annoying sound or vibration. I did not know a sticker could cause such problem. Hey btw how do you install a game on 360, I have never seen that option? I have an external 320 GB USB, can I download and store game demos on it from XBL?

Insert Disc select Y then say Install Game.

Not sure that External USB drive would work.

Aphro_EVO said:
Hey btw how do you install a game on 360, I have never seen that option? I have an external 320 GB USB, can I download and store game demos on it from XBL?
The HDD needs to be formatted to FAT32 and only 16GB, out of the entire HDD space, can be allocated as usable space from the HDD. This would work much efficiently if you have a Thumb drive above 8GB in size. To install the game, you need to insert the disc and press 'Y' once the game logo is up on the dashboard. It will prompt you to select the storage medium you want to install it on. Select the drive and it will start installing the game. It will inform you if the space available is insufficient or not.

Ahh ok thanks. I think I will buy an 8GB drive and use that to install games, hope it speeds up the load time - specially annoying in SSF4 when I want to do rematch and it feels like forever to load the game.

Aphro_EVO said:
Ahh ok thanks. I think I will buy an 8GB drive and use that to install games, hope it speeds up the load time - specially annoying in SSF4 when I want to do rematch and it feels like forever to load the game.
Buy a 16 gig, would be better for you, atleast 2 normal sized games can be installed then.

Back