PC Peripherals Problem with My PC

Nandu

Disciple
hey guys
in my room we have PC, with 256MB ram, 1.2Ghz Pentium processor with Windows XP SP2... but recently the system is booting ... properly displaying all intial loading and it also shows intial windows logo display with the bars( which comes under XP logo while loading) going under it, after that the total screen becomes blank ... sometimes only the mouse pointer can be seen rest everything is total black....
Can you suggest what the problem is and some remedies for this problem

Try starting the system in safe mode and post the results.

You can get safe mode by pressing F8 key during booting.

its most probably related to an issue with ur PSU or RAM...however,it may also be due to some anti-virus program that may be causing some problem at start-up...
press Esc key when the windows logo is displayed so that u can read any error messages that are hidden behind it...
Also,when u startup,try booting into the safe mode and see(press the F8 key as soon as boot)if you experience the same problem

guys

even i did that , going to safe mode.. even then the same condition prevails. I also thought of going to DOS directly after booting and format the PC ...but when i select the "safe mode with command prompt" it display some paths to different systems files in /windows/system directory and after some time it suddenly halts with moving a bit... i am totally confused what to do..
any more suggestion if u have please let me know:huh:

may be its the agp440.sys problem ... while in the safemode booting.. which line is the last .... agp440.sys ? or some soundcard type thing ?

Yea, i had this same problem. Sorry to say the only option i had left was Formatting my PC. But there could be a better option, im just a format freak :p.

Boot through the windows xp bootable Cd and then try repairing windows after the EULA aggrement... I hope if you have installed Windows before then you know what i am talking about... You will not lose anyfies or data and you will not have to install any applications which you previously had installed...

Back