Graphic Cards Problem with new Palit HD 4850 Sonic Special GDDR5 Edition

krazypop

Disciple
Hi,

Really need some help regarding this. I recently built a new rig with the config mentioned below. The problem is when i use the onboard graphics i can boot fine and everything works perfectly. However when i connect my Graphics card (palit 4850 sonic spl edition) , the pc wont boot...no bios post. It seems gfx card might be the problem but still dunno what else could be. Is it my psu dunno. Some help and guidance would be greatful.

My config:
Proc - AMD X3 720 BE
MoBo - Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
RAM - 4GB DDR2 800Mhz
Cabiet - CM690
SMPS - Corsair 450VX
Monitor - Dell S2209WA
HDD - 1 640GB WD Sata
DVD Writer: Sony Optiarc OEM 24x

Can someone help me in solving this problem.

reset the bios after attaching the card.

use the jumpers to do that. Probably the primary display might be still set to IGP even after plugging the card.

@ domninator: Primary display is set to PCI-E in the bios. I even disabled the IGP and tried it but to of no use. Infact i had to reset the bios back to IGP again so that alteast i can get the display. The problem is that the bios wont post once i attach and connect the card. No boot.

krazypop said:
@ domninator: Primary display is set to PCI-E in the bios. I even disabled the IGP and tried it but to of no use. Infact i had to reset the bios back to IGP again so that alteast i can get the display. The problem is that the bios wont post once i attach and connect the card. No boot.

reset ur mobo bios and it will back to igp

RedBull said:
Does any of the fans spin up with the GPU connected?

Yep the fans do spin with the GPU connected. And i think they spin at a very high rate.

I meant the gpu fans. Case fans and CPU fans were running normal.

why dont you check if the card works on a friends conputer and check if another gfx works on your MB, then you can know if it is the MB or gfx problem

Just try connecting through the VGA input and check if you get any display? And yep, try the card on another PC, to isolate the issue.

heck! same thing happened to my frnd last month. his mobo did not suppoert the card. ur mobo seems to be fine. just wanted to comment

1st of all i wud like to put 1 question b4 u guys.

Why do u always chose ATI for gfx ??. Ive heard about a lot of issues arising in ATI cards, thru TE. Inspite of all theses dunno for what reason u guys wanted to buy ATI alone ?

Atleast twice in a week i come across threads where users come with complaints like no display , temp issues, etc etc. in ATIs

And being aware of all these things, each and every1 is suggesting ATI cards as if Ati is the one and only gfx card manufacturer.

Why dont u guys suggest nvidia ?. Didnt it do justice ?....

Nvidia will give peace of mind IMO...

@anfjavid: Its all preference or mindset you can say. However be it nvidia or ati if you end with a dead card nothing can be done. :)

And what makes you think nvidia are problem free? Have seem lots of 9800GT under RMA.

This Issue is due to palit, which i think is using sub standard components and factory oc to attract customers and bring down the price. Same is the case with Palit nvidia cards.

90% of problem is with the manufacturers and not with ATI/nvidia. for eg, ASUS, sapphire, etc makes gr8 cards be it nvidia or Ati.

dOm1naTOr said:
And what makes you think nvidia are problem free? Have seem lots of 9800GT under RMA.
This Issue is due to palit, which i think is using sub standard components and factory oc to attract customers and bring down the price. Same is the case with Palit nvidia cards.

90% of problem is with the manufacturers and not with ATI/nvidia. for eg, ASUS, sapphire, etc makes gr8 cards be it nvidia or Ati.

10 chars :) !

@dominator: rightly said.

The problem is with the manufacturers who use substandard components and quote low price to attract customers..albeit an unlucky like me haahha. RMA sometimes can be real pain. But atleast Tirputi guys were quite helpful. They promised me a speedy solution to the matter with a replacement.

hmmm.... now it seems palit was indeed a sub standard brand... their prices are always incredibly low compared to other brands and so people always recommended PALIT as they are more VFM but its a fact that "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR".........reliability is what matters most when you are spending a good chunk of money so that you can have some peace of mind.......not all palit cards goes kaput but a good amount of cards does.....

Back