Procedure for Cancellation of MTNL Phone & Triband Connection Together

puns

Staff member
Super Mod
I finally gave up on mtnl and had the line & triband connection removed as I was facing major issues since one month. Thought this might help people as i couldnt find the procedure on any forum...

1. Take your latest phone bill, fill up a surrender form at mtnl, mention the reason of cancellation as shifting to another city and mention your cell number on the form. they will try to convince you not to cancel and haggle with you if the reason you mention is not convincing enough.

2. Write a letter to mtnl ( 2 copies ) stating cancellation line & triband connection with phone no, CA no and whether you are depositing the phone instrument ( if you took from mtnl ) and the adsl model ( if you took from mtnl). Important point here is you need to give the entire package which you got from mtnl like cd, rj wire, splitter, phone wire etc. anything missing and they will deduct money from the security deposit.

3.You have to first go to the store room section to deposit the phone & modem and take the sign and stamp of the guy sitting there on the 2 letters in point 2. Then go the the installation / cancellation person at mtnl office, usually next to where bill payment happens. show them all the forms and then you are done with the procedure.

4. You need to mention a new address if your shifting to another place as mtnl will send you the remaining deposit to this new address otherwise your current address if you are not shifting.

Any queries, i will answer them :)

What's the procedure for shifting the existing line to a new address (which means new exchange) within the city?

And can we know what problems you faced? I'm on MTNL 999 1 mbps UL triband since the last 1.5 years and find it better than Airtel anyday (anyway, I dont have Airtel service in my area). I know for a fact that there hasnt been FUP ever applied on my connection.

sir,
i have read your post about cancellation of both mtnl line and broad band connection.i have a question , that if we want disconnect broadband and surrender our modem, will mtnl payback the modem charges to us...which we have paid to them while installation.sir if could ......... pls. reply me. i want to surrender my connection.

Back