Programming {HTML, VBA}: help me identify control name for Login Dialogue Box

all4music

Disciple
hi guys,

i am writing a small code to automate a process of data export from a website in VBA [excel].

there are enough examples/codes online to do this on a website that has login/password fields on the page itself [eg yahoo mail home page]. we can extract the reference to login/password fields by referring to html code of the page.

Code:
Code:
<label for='username'>Yahoo! ID</label>
<input name='login' id='username' maxlength='96' tabindex='1' value=''>

<p id='ex'>(e.g. free2rhyme@yahoo.com)</p>

<label for='passwd'>Password</label>
<input name='passwd' id='passwd' type='password' maxlength='64' tabindex='2'>

but the webpage i am trying to access throws up a pop-up window for login.. much like Windows NT Login window [Windows Security Dialogue box].
and i couldn't find any references to this dialogue box or login/password fields in HTML source.

the login dialogue box looks like this.

attachment.php

can anybody please help me in this regard? where can i find the reference to this dialogue box in the code? on one of the forums, an user has mentioned that he made use of QTP [a testing tool] to accomplish this!? still hoping for a work around..

Try to see if u can record using Selenium IDE which is a free ware testing tool where u have the option to automatically record the field which u enter.

If ur able to record successfully u will come to know the fields name.

@sachinbr
thanks for the tip. i did install the selenium but got the answer from a different forum. it was windows basic authentication dialogue box. so now have gained access to website . problem now is with cache. it is not returning me the next html content but a cache error.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back