Project Lancer

Darklord

Skilled
g10_default.jpg

My Project car :)
Was purchased back in 1999 and became a standby car by 2005 when it was replaced by Skoda Octavia. Remained as a humble standby car till 2010. Its in March 2010 that I took up this project to have quick Lancer.It had to be a Lancer just because I am so bloody obsessed with it :p

Here is a basic Modification list -

1) Original 2L Diesel engine (4D68) removed and swapped with 2L Petrol (Cedia,4G94) engine.
2) Entire wiring loom sourced from abroad
3) Diesel gearbox removed and normal petrol lancer gearbox used.(Both are F5M41 but the bell housing is different and so are a few ratios but essentially is the same box, tried both the boxes with petrol lancer bell housing to check which is better in terms of driveability,as of now settled with the Petrol lancer box)
4) Custom strut braces fabricated (Front & Rear)
5) Koni Sport adjustable shock absorbers installed all over (koni Yellows).Retained stock springs for now.
6) Chassis,engine bay strengthening done.
7) TRE 255 LPH Fuel pump installed
8) AEM Adjustable fuel pressure regulator installed
9) 3 angle valve job done
10) Intake and exhaust port matching done
11) Port polishing done
12) 2.5" 4x2x1 Full free flow exhaust done
13) Full Stainless steel custom turbo manifold fabricated
14) Innovate wideband O2 sensor and controller installed
15) Oil Pressure/Oil Temp gauges hooked up
16) Real time AFR monitoring
17) SOHC head swapped with DOHC head from 4G93E engine.
18) Changed OE pistons with Wiseco Forged pistons
19) Changed OE Conrods with K1 forged conrods
20) Switched to ACL & King main and connecting bearings when engine was rebuilt
21) ARP Head studs which can be torqued more than OE studs, necessary for turbocharged engines.
22) Custom made Slotted and Cross drilled brake rotors.

Things in pipeline/in progress

6) Deatschwerks 600cc injectors
7) MHI TD05 16G Hybrid turbo
8) Mishimoto front mount intercooler
9) Lancer GSR Brake kit ( Big brake kit for front and rear disc conversion)
10) DIYPNP standalone engine management (based on Megasquirt open platform)

Click here to view the gallery.

Congrats , one of the most comprehensive modding logs I've seen!

Darky baba ki jai ho!

congo.. You did some serious job bro.. Where did you get it done?? I have an 1999 model diesel engine Lancer with me.. Planning to do an complete engine overhauling & front & rear suspension change.. Dono where to get it done in chennai.. Don't wanna spend much on this :(.. Some advice from you would be much helpful..

@ navino87, A complete engine rebuild from ground up should set you back by ~ 20-30k. Suspension is a very vague term to use. What all do you want to replace ? Shocks,springs, lower arms, Lower control arms, trailing arms, tie rod, ball joint ?Cost will vary drastically depending on what needs replacement and what doesn't. Try Mitsubishi Authorized Dealer for getting these routine jobs done or else, Electra Performance in Chennai. Its run by Mr. Krupesh Patel.
As for where I did the modifications, well it was done here in Pune at a friend's workshop. Its a joint project.I do the research and part sourcing, he helps in actual implementation.
Wait until this baby is turbo charged ;)

@ krishna_chennai, ~ 5-5.5L

@ Prince007, thanks mate :)

You swapped the Diesel Engine with a Petrol One??
You Sir are very Brave.. Given the fact that Petrol prices are skyrocketing..
I am actually planning to sell my Fiesta 1.6SXi(Bought 6 months back)

That is some good "engineering" done out there.
5.5L worth obsession....:23:...cool :bigok::clapping:
Congrats on the renovation.
Why no mod on the looks??

You spend 5.5 Lakh and call it basic :)[/SIZE][/FONT]
The amount of money I see people spending and modding, trust me 5.5L is nothing!

Whow...sweet mods....
:)

...which city are you in? More like the car is in?
I stay in Pune and so does the car ;)

You swapped the Diesel Engine with a Petrol One??
You Sir are very Brave.. Given the fact that Petrol prices are skyrocketing..
I am actually planning to sell my Fiesta 1.6SXi(Bought 6 months back)
This is not my daily drive, this is purely a weekend/night drive/fun drive car. So its fine, since its used so sparingly, I can even use 97 Octane Fuel.
I have a Vento TDi as my daily drive.

That is some good "engineering" done out there.
5.5L worth obsession....:23:...cool :bigok::clapping:
Congrats on the renovation.
Why no mod on the looks??
I want to keep it a sleeper. No shouting body graphics,body kits and so on. Also body kits add unnecessary additional weight which I don't want. Let's just say this is a purely performance oriented project, looks is the least important factor.

This is some serious stuff :) Congrats...
U shd feature on Discovery Turbo :)
Whoa! Discovery Turbo!
Thanks for the compliments but trust me, people do some crazy stuff,this is nothing infront of that.

Awesome job!! I always knew the Mitsubishi Lancer and the first gen Honda city were the best cars to modify in India simply because the entire experience and outcome are extremely rewarding.

Back