Graphic Cards PS3 or COMP UPGRADE

hey i have a option of buyin a ps3 or upgradin my comp. which is better cause if i upgrade my comp i want it to run games and movies in HD i have a 46"bravia at home. and am verry confused on what to buy between a PS3 or upgradin my comp. can some one pls help me out. and give me a config for the comp upgrade.
Note:the comp should be able to play games and movies on a 46"HDTV at full potential

^What is your current PC config ?

The PS3 looks like a better investment as of now. especially when you already have a 46" Bravia at disposal.

Comp upgrade is the better path.

There's simply no comparison with a ps3 and a high end gaming pc.

Solution is very simple : Buy an ATI 5870 , ATI 5850 and play it on 46"" Bravia in full glory.

If even it fails then Crossfire with another card , SLi for the 46" bravia.

Though the cards i mentioned above will suffice ur nedds for 46" bravia

If you play a lot of FPS games then stick with the PC, there are a much larger number of PC games available and also priced much lower.

The PS3 would be a much more convenient option, you also get a very good blueray media player and could also stream your videos from the PC and playback on the tv, it also has some very good exclusive game titles available plus you don't have to keep upgrading every now and then, although PS3 games are priced much higher.

Upgrading comp is the way to go mate. Only thing is you'll have to spend much more cash to build a high end gaming PC than to buy a PS3, but games will look much better and PC can be used as a complete multimedia system.

If you have the cash around 45-50k, you can build an awesome gaming machine, else go for PS3.

Definitely the comp if you are wiling to spend money as PS3 would be a cheaper option. But pc can also be used later for other stuff if you ever wish to. And the games + HD videos would prolly look much better with a high end pc.

dude though i have a good gaming rig, knowing that u want to use it on a 46 incher, Just get the ps3. Really there is no comparison here.. The games are the same and it is a cheaper plus the smarter option (blueray player + hd).

Yes people will say that there are X more no of things that can be done with the pc but, considering ur requirement.. just do a PS3...

get a mid level graphics card and a PS3 slim around 25K ...best of both worlds

if you are dead sure that you want to choose one ... go for PS3 and if you are going for graphics card if not PS3 don't go less than ATI 5850 again around 25K :)

^^^
Sell off your current rig, you might get around 5k or something.

Assuming that you don't need a monitor (since you will be using your 46" TV and your old monitor), speakers, keyboard and mouse, this might be a good config for you.

Intel Core i5 750 - 10k
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 - 7k
Gskill 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz - 2.6k
Sapphire HD 5770 1GB - 11.2k
WD 1TB Green HDD- 3.9k
Glacialtech 650W PSU- 4.4k
CM Elite 334 cabinet - 2k
LG Sata optical drive - 1.1k

Total ~ 42k

Add another 2gb ram if you can stretch the budget to 44-45k or else later when you have cash. :hap2:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 - 5.2k or Athlon II X4 620 - 5.3k

Motherboard: Gigabyte 785GMT-UD2H - 5.9k

RAM: G-Skill 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz - 2.6k

GPU: Sapphire 4890 512MB DDR5- 12k/Sapphire 5770 1GB DDR5 - 12k

HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.4k

Cabinet: CM Elite 310 - 1.5k

SMPS: Corsair VX450 - 4k

Optical Drive: L.G. GH22NS30 SATA/Samsung SH-S22F SATA - 1.1k

Speakers: Altec Lansing VS4121 - 2.8k

Keyboard: Logitech Multimedia - .5k

Mouse: Logitech MX518 - 1.4k

This config will cost you ~40k and lets you all the games in your 46" LCD. :D

First sell your old rig . You will get max 4k-5k for it. Just add the moolah here

So now total budget is 45k

Processor: Athlon II x4 620 - 5.2k /

RAM: Transcend 2x2GB DDR3 1333mhz - 5.2k

SMPS: Corsair VX 550W - 5.5k

Hdd : Seagate 500gb - 2.3k

Gfx : Ati 5850 - 16.5k ( DX11 and futureproof )

Logitech/Microsoft Kb/mouse combo - .7k

Speakers : Altec Lansing BXR 1121 - 1.1k

Total - 45k

It would be better if you take ATI 5850 . With this you can play all latest games with 1080p resolution and all settings high and at maximum eyecandy

Since this would be a pure hardcore gaming pc , ATI 5850 stand head and shoulders above ATI 5770

With an ATI 5770 you will hardly go 1 year and start coughing because of your 46" lcd

arun687 said:
^^^
Sell off your current rig, you might get around 5k or something.

Assuming that you don't need a monitor (since you will be using your 46" TV and your old monitor), speakers, keyboard and mouse, this might be a good config for you.

Intel Core i5 750 - 10k
Gskill 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz - 2.6k
Sapphire HD 5770 1GB - 11.2k
WD 1TB Green HDD- 3.9k
Glacialtech 650W PSU- 4.4k

Total ~ 42k

Add another 2gb ram if you can stretch the budget to 44-45k or else later when you have cash. :hap2:

First of all, ehat type of games do you play. IF its FPS and RRPG mostly, then the answer is get a PC. If you are more into third person shooters and racing and button mashing fighting games, then get a PS3.

Let me tell you one thing by experience.
I am playing on a rig in my signature ( nothing overclocked). I can play ALL the games at 1080P with full eye candy (Except crysis and NFS shift) with FPS in excess of 60. If you wanna stick to your budget, do what arun is saying except the few changes that I recommend:

Intel Core i5 750 - 10k
Transcend or Kingston 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz - 3.5K ( I am not sure. They are cheaper and perform as well. They just dont *look* good, as in they dont have the fancy packaging.

Sapphire HD 5770 1GB - 11.2k (Enough for today's games although you will have to xFire 78 or 8 monthsdown the line, when you are finished playing all the games from 2007 till now.
WD 1TB Green HDD- 3.9k ( I would recommend getting a Seagate 7200.12 500GB for gaming ~2.5K
Glacialtech 650W PSU- 4.4k (VERY GOOD Choice of PSU)

The total comes out to be ~42K (But, now you have 4GB of RAM and a higher performing HDD)

Keep in mind PC games are a LOT cheaper to buy than PS3 games and shooters are always better played with a k/b mouse combo, not a controller.

Also, see my signature. Change the cpu and mobo to those in my signature and you will save another 5K for NO loss in performance or upgradability path.:clap:

Processor: Athlon II x4 620 - 5.2k /

RAM: Transcend 2x2GB DDR3 1333mhz - 5.2k

SMPS: Corsair VX 550W - 5.5k

Hdd : Seagate 500gb - 2.3k

Gfx : Ati 5850 - 16.5k ( DX11 and futureproof )

Logitech/Microsoft Kb/mouse combo - .7k

Speakers : Altec Lansing BXR 1121 - 1.1k

Total - 45k

It would be better if you take ATI 5850 . With this you can play all latest games with 1080p resolution and all settings high and at maximum eyecandy

Totally agreed on this config..

if u go PC over PS3, u shud get the main part u are foregoing, that is gfx...and HD5850 has no competition for the price rite now...and have i mentioned? it performs godly..

thanks a lot think ill go 4 the pc. im more into FPS. and want to play these games on HD on my tv. also would want to watch HD movies. since i can download it all for free from torrentz games and movies would work out free. but 4 a ps3 would be spendin 3k 4 every game. btw how much is the ATI 5850

AMD Phenom II X2 550 or Athlon II X4 620 or Intel Core i5 750 .which is better

ATI 5850 is for ~18K at Lynx Chandigarh - Largest Electronic & Computer Online Superstore In India or you can check the dealer section here.

For a processor, I would strongly recommend going for at least a tri core, quad core is ideal. Dual core days are soon going to be over as more and more games start taking advantage of multi core technology. So, from Intel, i5 would be an ideal choice and for amd, phenom II x4 would be ideal. If you decide to go for AMD and if your budget allows, go for phenom 2 instead of athlon II. Phenom II have more cache due to which they perform much better.
You can also try googling for multi core compatibility in games. e.g. GTA4 runs well on quad core than a dual core for the same graphic card. Same goes for call of duty MW2.

If its only gaming+ movies and nothing else get ps3.
For FPS games take a xfps adapter frm singapore/australia. It works with most of the games.

Still I would go for a PC if I had a choice. :D

Core i5 750 beats any amd processor hands down . Less power consumption , Less heat dessipation , More processing power.

But in budget of 40k wgere gaming is concerned moreorless all processors are equal.

AthlonII x4 620 + ATI 5850 is a deadly combo @ 40k

buy a ps3 only if you can afford ps3 games.. if you have been a hardcore pc gamer then it will b very difficult for you to buy original ps3 games..

i say upgrade your pc and you get everything..plus gaming on a pc is better considering you are more into fps..i have a 8800gt n it works gr8 on a 40 inch HDTV..you get a good gfx card for around 10k..and original pc games are cheaper...

Back