PS3 unveiling cancelled

Metallus

Disciple
I was wondering where's all the info on the PS3 and I came across this:
Gamespot is reporting: "According to Reuters, SCE originally planned to release general details on the PlayStation 3 in March and then unveil the actual machine in May at E3 in Los Angeles. Sony told Reuters that it decided to cancel the PS3 meeting because it "would pressure game publishers" if held in March, but it left the door open for another pre-E3 event. The company also emphasized that the cancellation is not a sign that the PlayStation 3 development is falling behind, and it still intends to unveil the machine at E3 at the latest."
So much for that, I think Sony IS lagging behind on PS3 dev.

yea, lol... i dont see any reason to delay it other than that, also, info on which media is being used??

No info on media, it was supposed to be revealed back in March. Indications are towards Blue-Ray but, at this moment its anyone's guess.

most probably Blu-Ray. Sony along with 20th Century FOX have signed with Blu-Ray technology. and Xbox 2 will probably use HD-DVD's.

dunno man, Blu-Ray is extremely debatable cause that'll raise the cost of games. Although, HD-DVDs for Xbox is a definite yes.

Back