PSA: If you get a offers call from ACT Fibernet, Don't hesitate to Ignore!

swatkats

Skilled
So this happen with me, In the month of March'18, I got a call from ACT Fibernet marketing team and they promised to give me 2 months free since i was an monthly paying Subscriber!

Since it was a lucrative deal, I said okay and asked for the total amount to be paid, They quoted me the amount for the Six months and i paid through their Portal. The package got instantly activated & i could see 6M package on the portal page. (Earlier post: https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/185770/#post-2147300)

I called them up again asking for clarification, They said they will credit that 2 months amount at the end of the Half yearly package. Since, I trust these guys from the past decade, I was pretty much okay!

Now in the middle of the 6th month, I had to call to customer care like 2-3 times to follow up for the Credit amount for the next 2 months and Billing team called me saying, It couldn't be done and we'll adjust the amount in the next Half year term amount and give a discount on the next 6months invoice.

See, this is a trap laid for the customers to lock them in and not move to other ISP's. If they're concerned about competition offer Chennai like plans all over and customer shall never think of moving to another operator, Why these cheap tactics.

I'm keeping quiet since my usage tends to be less than 200GB/ month and my uptime with ACT Fibernet has been nearly 99.9% (Barely minutes of downtime)

Don't take any offer unless it's offered on paper or its official on the website/App. STAY AWAKE!

Forward it/take it up with the nodal officer.

Their customer service sucks.

I've had 2 accounts for nearly 10 years and after multiple messages, I could not cancel 1 of them.

Finally fed up I stopped paying for both, canceled both via email to nodal authority and moved both to Airtel.

It's time we started voting with our wallets and stop tolerating bad customer service.

If they did this to you and got away with it and did not lose you as a paying customer then they will do it to countless others.

The reason why i didn't take it to the higher authorities is because anyway they're giving that discount on the renewal package.

New invoice hasn't been generated, will keep this thread updated!

I don't understand if was intentional or not: This whole discount thing is none better than the Annual plan which offers 10+2 on the website....
They made me pay for Annual package, Without my knowledge and i got the same benefits which is on their official site... Alas, MBAniacs Marketing Team! :eek:

Last edited:
The reason why i didn't take it to the higher authorities is because anyway they're giving that discount on the renewal package.

New invoice hasn't been generated, will keep this thread updated!

I don't understand if was intentional or not: This whole discount thing is none better than the Annual plan which offers 10+2 on the website....
They made me pay for Annual package, Without my knowledge and i got the same benefits which is on their official site... Alas, MBAniacs Marketing Team! :eek:
By that account you are still losing 2 months right? With new renewal you'll only get 2 months into the future and not for the previous 6 months. ACT still lied and cheated.

Either way if you have not bought into the package, don't buy. No sense getting into a long-term contract with Jio around the corner. Prices will most probably be slashed even more.

Or check out others like Airtel... same 100 Mbps, same price, but unlimited data compared to ACT's 750 GB.

Hathway is giving a mesh network free worth 16K with one year sign up.

Or check out others like Airtel... same 100 Mbps, same price, but unlimited data compared to ACT's 750 GB.
Airtel has stupid technology... Where you cannot even cross 30mbps properly on a 40mbps VDSL, I'm on FTTB since the last 10 years, Don't want to downgrade to a outdated setup.

By that account you are still losing 2 months right? With new renewal you'll only get 2 months into the future and not for the previous 6 months. ACT still lied and cheated.
It's like this.. I got the same annual package where they charge you for the 10 months and give you 2 months free in the same package, Nothing like special offer, It's a regular offer.

I get these calls ever few days since I moved to Excitel. I pretty much tell them that unless you're offering me a NO FUP plan, you can beat it. :p

Airtel has stupid technology... Where you cannot even cross 30mbps properly on a 40mbps VDSL, I'm on FTTB since the last 10 years, Don't want to downgrade to a outdated setup.

It's like this.. I got the same annual package where they charge you for the 10 months and give you 2 months free in the same package, Nothing like special offer, It's a regular offer.

I'm using both... Airtel for the 3 TB FUP but limited to 40 Mbps and ACT for the 100 Mbps but limited to 750 GB FUP.

All said and done, there is no clear winner that let's you have it all.

Good service? Which area are you in?

Would love a no FUP plan.
Dilsukhnagar area. Pretty decent. The speeds are stable throughout the day. Goes out for like 10 minutes everyday, but apart from that zero issues. For 700 rupees (50 Mbps unlimited), can't ask for more. The best part is I don't have to tell my family, to watch their internet usage for the fear of running out of the monthly data limit.

Back