PSP Hacks & Cracks!

~HeadShot~

Skilled
Gameboy Emulation on PSP

gameboypsp6pp.jpg

If you’ve got a version 1.0 Japanese PSP—the kind that will allow you to run unsigned code from your MemoryStick—then count yourself lucky, as the first GameBoy emulator has just shown up for the device and you’re the only ones who can run it. It’s a shame, really, because as much as I love my PSP, being able to play GameBoy and SNES games on it might make the perfect entertainment device. This version looks a little unfinished (not that I’ve run it, but I’m just looking at the non-scaling screenshot), but it’s a harbinger of copyright violation (and, yes, homebrew) to come.

[RANK="www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/psp/gameboy-emulation-on-psp-102888.php"]Source[/RANK]

Edit:

TE Exclusive:
[rank=psp.holybell.to/uploader/upload/gbemu1.zip]Get the emulator here[/rank]

PSP Gameboy Color Emulator updated:
Update: v0.8 of the Gameboy emulator has been released - now runs at full speed with no graphics issues - unfortunately there still is no sound.
[RANK="www.psp-hacks.com/downloads/RIN_v0_8.zip"]Download[/RANK]

PSP Gameboy Color ROM Selector:
[rank=psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/GBFileSelecter003.zip]Click here to download[/rank] the newly released Gameboy Color Rom Selector for the GB emulator. (v003 release)

PSP Runs Windows

windowspsp5vz.jpg

No wonder Microsoft isn’t planning on making a portable gaming device. The PSP already runs on Windows (and PC Anywhere, no less).

[RANK="www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/psp/index.php#psp-runs-windows-103066"]Source[/RANK]

UMD Key Extractor

pspumdkeyextractor8kx.jpg

“A tool to extract a key from UMD bin files has been released, this will only display the key, as everything is signed with what looks like RSA or AES, encryptions which has of yet have not been cracked.”

[RANK="www.psp-hacks.com/downloads/umdkey.rar"]Download UMD Key Extract Here[/rank]

A great resource of PSP related news and hacks:
[RANK="www.psp-hacks.com"]PSP Hacks[/RANK]

Back