Not open for further replies.

iyengar

Adept
BRAND: Anything which works flawless

Warranty: Never mind

Functionality: Perfectly working

RMed: Not Interested.

Price: Quote me

Preference if any: TX650W & Above; Locally is much better for to avoid shipping else even Hell or Heaven is fine is shipping inclusive quote

Offer Time: 45 days max

More info: PM me.

With love

eBro

I have a Corsair VX 450 recently rmaed with 2 and half years of warranty pending. let me know if you are interested

I was told 450 or 550 will not have enough juice to support the card.. was thinking somewhere around 800 w or something... May be i am wrong

Nvidia Site say

Maximum Graphics Card Power (W) 289 W

Minimum System Power Requirement (W) 680 W

Supplementary Power Connectors 6-pin & 8-pin

eBro

sunny27 said:
I have a Corsair VX 450 recently rmaed with 2 and half years of warranty pending. let me know if you are interested
VX450 will not have enough juice to handle a GTX295.

@iyengar look for atleast a TX650W or above.
I would say get a new one if you can spend something like 7.5k (for TX850W)

iyengar said:
^ thanks for the tips mate.. Just wondering what if its VX 550? Will it support just asking..

eBRo

It is not only the graphic card which draws power from the PSU

You have to take into account all your items such as CPU, Motherboard, RAM, HDDs dvd roms etc. to arrive at the total power requirement

If you want a correct advice, give the complete list of your components & also if you OC them

not only the current components. You also need to keep in mind your future uogrades. Always keep some headroom so that future upgrades dont get limited by PSU or u need to change the psu.
Remember that GTX295 is actually a dual gpu card, so in reality you will be running SLI.

OK OK..

My Spec

CPU: Core2Duop: 2.66GHz

M/B: Asus P5k-VM (31 Series i guess

RAM: Transcend 2GB *3 = 6 GB

GPU: XFX 8600GT 512 MB

HDD: 2*160GB, 1*360 GB, 1*500GB

PSU: CoolerMaster Extreme Power 650W

Cabinet: HAF922

Please advise

eBro

corsair vx550 should be able to handle your system provided you don't overclock and decrease the no of hard disks

what i meant is..he can get one 2tb hdd or something.. more hdd/ram sticks means more power consumption..

iyengar said:
OK OK..
My Spec

CPU: Core2Duop: 2.66GHz
M/B: Asus P5k-VM (31 Series i guess
RAM: Transcend 2GB *3 = 6 GB
GPU: XFX 8600GT 512 MB
HDD: 2*160GB, 1*360 GB, 1*500GB
PSU: CoolerMaster Extreme Power 650W
Cabinet: HAF922

Please advise

eBro

What resolution do you game @?

your processor will bottleneck the card....games which are CPU intensive will still stutter even with GTX 295. High end card+Low end processor->reduced perfomance
Eg:GTA 4 :p,World in Conflict, MMO, RTS games will lag.

My advice
get a Phenom 955BE(+790gx/880 Mobo)+ HD 5870...and you have a balanced system. This config will play all games @ HD with MAx settings(alright with exception of a handful of games)

see,

ur not buying a new 295 (i think so ) ...

So,

why not buy a good proccy and a 5870 thats a better option and you will save some in the psu also..

5870 takes max 200w ... so thats a better buy..

Plus many 5870 ar up for sale..

Mine will also be on sale soon... :p

hellgate said:
i dont think that he is buying a new GTX295 as that thing is long gone from the market.
Yes I am not buying the card, but it is gifted to me by my friend who was using it.. for me its a giant leap from 8600 GT to GTX295

I hope you get my point.

eBRo

ok ok ....this info was useful...

then u get a good psu vx550 or better ...

bcz remember i thing during gaming ur gpu is mainly used not ur cpu ...

and its only during benching that ur cpu and gpu ar used at full throttle otherwise not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back