PC Peripherals PSU Query

masterminds

Disciple
Hi, I am based in Navi-Mumbai, Please suggest a good 550 to 600 watt psu online or offline. I know antec and seasonic are the preferred brands here, I am however getting corsair vs series on amazon for 3560, is it any good. Please recommend as need to purchase soon. I am open to purchase it online or offline. Thanks in advance ![DOUBLEPOST=1477371931][/DOUBLEPOST]I am using gtx950 and currently using vip gold 400 watts psu which i feel might be inadequate, Need to buy this soon please suggest psu and whether online or primeabgb in mumbai, thanks.

Last edited:
Better buy from Prime ABGB. If you're on a very strict budget then only buy the corsair vs series or the antec or cooler Master PSU. All of these are for very low configuration only and use low quality parts. If you're using a 150w gpu card get the seasonic. It is costly but it will last 5 + years.

Hi 6pack, thanks for the response, I called up Prime ABGB and was informed they don't deal with Seasonic PSU's due to warranty issues ( don't know how far its true). They don't have antec above 500 watts in stock. The graphics card (Asus GTX950) doesn't need an external power connector and draws power from the slot. I did a quick check for power consumption of my entire system on internet and comes out to be 350W (which my vip gold 400W might manage). However to be on a safe side I am upgrading my PSU. I have found a good deal on a used corsair vs650 (still in warranty) and I am looking to purchase that. Thanks for the help and do let me know Incase I am taking any wrong decision.

Hi, I am based in Navi-Mumbai, Please suggest a good 550 to 600 watt psu online or offline. I know antec and seasonic are the preferred brands here, I am however getting corsair vs series on amazon for 3560, is it any good. Please recommend as need to purchase soon. I am open to purchase it online or offline. Thanks in advance ![DOUBLEPOST=1477371931][/DOUBLEPOST]I am using gtx950 and currently using vip gold 400 watts psu which i feel might be inadequate, Need to buy this soon please suggest psu and whether online or primeabgb in mumbai, thanks.
1 in 10,000 seasonic psu fail withing 5 years.you should be golden with seasonic,buy it any day over corsair
and secondly i have 2 corsair vs psu and they are Overpriced Rubbish,i got a evga supernova from u.s a few days back,a million times better for 3.5k.

for india i suggest seasonic or expensive corsair/cooler master psu,anything else has no guarantee.
plus this is not u.s,dont expect corsair to buy you a PC if yours fry due to a psu

Hi Phoenix117, Completely agree on what you said, Thing is I am getting the VS on a discount (second hand) and still has 2 years warranty left (I find seasonic for the same watts expensive). I am planning to use that for the time being till I can get someone to carry the evga from overseas (do let me know if you know someone who can carry it or plan to sell, I will pay first). Thanks for the response.

Hi Phoenix117, Completely agree on what you said, Thing is I am getting the VS on a discount (second hand) and still has 2 years warranty left (I find seasonic for the same watts expensive). I am planning to use that for the time being till I can get someone to carry the evga from overseas (do let me know if you know someone who can carry it or plan to sell, I will pay first). Thanks for the response.

which psu is it?and how much discount are you getting??

if its a 650W one then i will give mine to you for 1.2k:D

plus 400w is more then enogh for a 950 unless you dont run a ton of accessories-which again you are not since you were using a vip 400w till now

btw i am coming from u.s in a week if you want an evga psu then i can bring one.

Hi Phoenix117, its corsair vs650 for 2.1k with 2 years warranty left on it, I am very much interested in evga psu, how much would I need to pay you for that ?

Hi Phoenix117, its corsair vs650 for 2.1k with 2 years warranty left on it, I am very much interested in evga psu, how much would I need to pay you for that ?
for your usage the vs650 will do fine,and for the price its a damn good deal IF warranty is confirmed
EVGA has modular 750w bronze PSU for as low as 3300 but for 2.1k and your usage i suggest you to buy the corsair,evga will be overkill

for your usage the vs650 will do fine,and for the price its a damn good deal IF warranty is confirmed
EVGA has modular 750w bronze PSU for as low as 3300 but for 2.1k and your usage i suggest you to buy the corsair,evga will be overkill

Warranty is through serial as he doesn't have the invoice, sorry but to check do I need call up corsair and confirm with serial number ?
and its a very tempting deal on Evga and yes 750w is an overkill for my system.

Hi Serious Sam, I looked at that option as well, Antec offers only 2 years warranty on its product, now I am getting 100W more for 1k cheaper with similar warranty terms hence leaning more towards that deal.[DOUBLEPOST=1477584489][/DOUBLEPOST]Phoenix117, I will check the warranty details tomorrow please keep the evga option open for me till then, I will transfer the funds in your account before you purchase, thanks.

Hi Serious Sam, I looked at that option as well, Antec offers only 2 years warranty on its product, now I am getting 100W more for 1k cheaper with similar warranty terms hence leaning more towards that deal.[DOUBLEPOST=1477584489][/DOUBLEPOST]Phoenix117, I will check the warranty details tomorrow please keep the evga option open for me till then, I will transfer the funds in your account before you purchase, thanks.
dude you wont be using that 100W,if you were using 650w then you would have purchased an 750w bronze or above psu.
you cant push a budget 650w psu to even 600w..the result will be catastrophic

Phoenix117 agree, but I believe so would be the case with Antec550 and hence overall difference would still remain.
if you feel the seller is honest and you can get warranty then go for corsair,otherwise antec.both are ok,trying to pick better one between the two will be like choosing between 1kg of aluminium or 1kg of steel.both are not gold but still carry value

Back