Budget 0-20k PSU, Ram, SSD, Cpu Cooler buying help needed !

Hello Everyone,
I might be in a need to buy a new smps, a nvme 1tb ssd and ram or rams. what I own now is RM750 which was GS600 replacement when the RM series itself was launch in USA. so 7 to 8 years I suppose. Its giving me issue now and so need to buy new one.

I am complete noob when it come to understanding and buying a psu unit, and amount of rams.

For Cooler I was first looking for AIO but then decided for an air cooler. but now with RTX 3000 series like condition is air cooler safe ? currently temps on stock cooler reaches 84 max and I don't have ac so room temp is also high as of now when this happen.

Noctua D15 Chromax for INR 8.7k is what I am looking forward.

For psu what is on my mind is a 1000W unit as of now, at lets when it was costing less the 13k but now primeabgb is showing 13.2k for ANTEC HCG 1000W EXTREEM and I am confused. after RTX 3000 series launch one question which was added to my mind is if I need more WATTS or not. I might add a second hand amd gpu to run a complete Hackintosh system if VM is now up to mark. so this will be like having 2070 super + ( RX5700XT / RX580 )

For ssd I was looking for Corsair mp600 1tb or Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb. 1k difference i suppose in both but one is evo is gen3 and mp600 is gen4 pci-e.

For Ram currently I own 16gb x 1 3200C16 from corsair but planing to buy 1 or 3 more x 16gb to either make a 32gb kit or 64gb kit. But do I need that is a question on my mind.

Normally I go gaming and stream from the same pc. Now I will need to run VM for mac also on the setup. Software such as adobe After Effects is something I using while editing stuffs for my streaming. Premium Pro for recorded video processing. but they are not like everyday as of now. what should I go for then ? 32gb dual channel setup or 64 gb quad channel setup ?

currently my setup is :
1) Amd 3900x oc to 4.2Ghz at 1.2v.
2) 16gb x 1 corsair vengeance for now. in future it can go up to 64gb max.
3) Galax 3 fan 2070 super.
4) 6 x 120mm case fans as of now. 3 of them are rgb from cooler master td500 mesh. will be adding 1 x 120mm
5) 1 sata HDD. 1 sata ssd. in future 2 total sata HDD as i have one from my old rig and is laying around with my data :p
6) mother board is msi b450 tomahawk max.

My post is a bit mess I suppose but this are the future requirements for the system. Please guide me so that I can have the VFM thing in my system ;)

this what happens when you build an overkill machine. PSU can be discussed later

My assumption over here is your base OS is win10 and now you want to game on 2070 connect old gpu ,spin up a mac VM and pass a RX580 or something to MAC ,this is not possible via using vmaware workstation and hyper-v

Last edited:
this what happens when you build an overkill machine. PSU can be discussed later

My assumption over here is your base OS is win10 and now you want to game on 2070 connect old gpu ,spin up a mac VM and pass a RX580 or something to MAC ,this is not possible via using vmaware workstation and hyper-v

No I was planning for a dual boot if I am buying an AMD gpu. Else VMware way.

RTX 20 series is not supported in Hackintosh , and vmware workstation on win 10 doesnt support passthrough either doesnt work.Virtualbox may work but ia m not sure you can try with hackintosh supported cards like gtx 710 rtc

Smarter way to get around this is simple

Just virtualize your whole machine using XCP-NG ,Deploy MAC & win 10 VM ,GPU of your choices ,pass 2070 to win 10 your other GPU to mac ,

One DP/ HDMI from 2070 cable to HDM1 & and from MAC gpu to HDMi2 of monitor to switch OS just select source ,if you have two monitors han that is great eas os has its own monitor

Passing your key board/mouse get a KVM switch

Note you mostly would require a laptop to setup XCP-NG or other virtualization software for initial setup and maintaining the whole setup

Ssd is either mp600 or evo 970 plus. Corsair is expensive but can hit 4.9 GHz speed rate when I will up grade in future like in 2023 or 2024. That is what at least on my mind. Or if I will go for dual gpu setup, board will also need a change I suppose.
There are going to be PCI-E 4 gen2. Current controller can not max out PCI-E 4 speeds as, IIRC, it's modified from gen3 but not built from ground. Buying gen 4 SSD and expecting to reach its full potential based on something you will upgrade 3-4 years down the line, does not add up for me. May be look at WD SN550 SSDs - they are not 970 Plus level fast - but much more VFM.

RTX 20 series is not supported in Hackintosh , and vmware workstation on win 10 doesnt support passthrough either doesnt work.Virtualbox may work but ia m not sure you can try with hackintosh supported cards like gtx 710 rtc

Smarter way to get around this is simple

Just virtualize your whole machine using XCP-NG ,Deploy MAC & win 10 VM ,GPU of your choices ,pass 2070 to win 10 your other GPU to mac ,

One DP/ HDMI from 2070 cable to HDM1 & and from MAC gpu to HDMi2 of monitor to switch OS just select source ,if you have two monitors han that is great eas os has its own monitor

Passing your key board/mouse get a KVM switch

Note you mostly would require a laptop to setup XCP-NG or other virtualization software for initial setup and maintaining the whole setup

I have seen people doing the 20series with rx5700xt dual boot on Reddit. What I am looking if I can do that with rx580 second hand. Also we have navi for future release. If it performance is great and would support dual boot. I will switch to amd and sell 2070s.

Antec 850 hit is only available at prime Abgb and MD computers.

Any ways for some unknown reason my psi is now really working fine. Should I still replace it ? The issue I see was that the capacitor were discharged. So when ever I tried to cool boot system, it would need to be for jumper pins that to multiple times.

Antec HCG is an excellent choice in my opinion. I also wanted to go for it, but for my build 550 Watt was sufficient and HCG doesn't have a 550 watt PSU.
So, I went ahead with Antec Earthwatt Pro Gold which is also very good. It is working fab for me. I can recommend that as well.

Antec HCG is an excellent choice in my opinion. I also wanted to go for it, but for my build 550 Watt was sufficient and HCG doesn't have a 550 watt PSU.
So, I went ahead with Antec Earthwatt Pro Gold which is also very good. It is working fab for me. I can recommend that as well.
Where did you get antec 550 earth watts gold and how much

Back