The Osama operation was done after more than 6 months of careful monitoring, planning and extensive simulations.

Modi doesn't have 6 months before elections and his supporters are anyway incurably stupid to the point that they will pick what ever is thrown their way.
heh, i'm not expecting such an op before the elections. But one like that by the next administration over the next 5 years cannot be ruled out.[DOUBLEPOST=1551334451][/DOUBLEPOST]
So the long and short of it is Modi makes the Pak military's job easier ?

Motivates their militants
Boosts their raison d'etre in Pakistan
Helps their kashmir narrative
Fulfills their communal agenda in india, though i think this has been exaggerated
I have a problem with that bolded bit. You would think Modi makes their job harder.

This is most unintuitive and feels wrong at a gut level.[DOUBLEPOST=1551336662][/DOUBLEPOST]
Meanwhile... Air Canada temporarily suspends flights to India, reports Reuters.

Canada's largest carrier canceled one flight to India from Vancouver and another flight en route to Delhi has turned back to Toronto.
All Pak airspace is closed

Last edited:
This is what happens when you put a Chaiwala in the hotseat. He will always think like a chaiwala. Modi has time and again proven that he is not upto the job. Now we have reached new lows with respect to national security. This extravaganza of surgical strikes for political mileage is disgusting. Soldiers are pay a price for such a political exercise and also for modi's absolute lack of substance when it comes to National security policy.

Each of these numbnuts should resign. These are doing India a huge shame. Tiny Jehadi nation like Pakistan is kicking our ass, capturing pilots, causing insurgency and what not. What will happen if China sees this as a great opportunity to do the same and cut india to size and peices?

This is what happens when you put a Chaiwala in the hotseat. He will always think like a chaiwala. Modi has time and again proven that he is not upto the job. Now we have reached new lows with respect to national security. This extravaganza of surgical strikes for political mileage is disgusting. Soldiers are pay a price for such a political exercise and also for modi's absolute lack of substance when it comes to National security policy.

Each of these numbnuts should resign. These are doing India a huge shame. Tiny Jehadi nation like Pakistan is kicking our ass, capturing pilots, causing insurgency and what not. What will happen if China sees this as a great opportunity to do the same and cut india to size and peices?

Insurgency was not happening when Congress was in power?

And seriously blaming capture of the officer on Modi too. That officer was doing his duty to defend the country the pakistanis were coming in for attack India responded. He got shot down and captured. This is sad how things played out but its all in the line of duty. Even America fighter pilots have been hit and caught by enemies many a time.

The amount of stupidity in this single post is unbeatable. Keep it up.

Well, this thread is an example of the saying - You cannot make anyone happy. You're not an avocado.

First, there was a problem that once we had a militant attack people used to condemn it. People had issues that no visible retaliation was taking place. Everyone was like - unless India do something terrorist will keep on attacking like this. I am sure we can find many people here on TE with similar thoughts if we pull up Mumbai attacks thread.

Now when Uri retaliation happened, people doubted the authenticity and even questioned why did India do it. Some even pointing out the Pakistan version claiming nothing happened. On top of it, Pakistan had even claimed to catch one soldier:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Indian_Line_of_Control_strike#Pakistani_version

Though fortunately there weren't any general election around the corner so we were spared the "its election agenda" theories.

Then this attack happened, central government retaliates and again people doubt it, pointing to Pakistan's version, and again Pakistan capturing a pilot - it is like a repeat of the whole thing. Though because we have an election, there are some "its an election agenda" stories.

My two cents is this we in India are hard to please people - we have a problem when the government does only "kadi ninda" (condemnation). But we also have a problem when government tries to do something. No wonder we are laggards of the world - we can't even make up our minds about our own security.

What gave you this idea?

All I would say is, if at all India goes to war then please ensure that in within a set time frame they complete the job and clean up this cancer.

Imran Khan announced during his address to the joint session of Pakistan Parliament that Pakistan will be releasing Wing Commander Abhinandan tomorrow as a peace gesture.

Indian satellites can map 87% land area of Pakistan with a hi def resolution of 0.65m
Reading that link some mantri said we can peep into verandah's.

0.65m = 65cm resolution = 2.13 feet.

After seeing this news how many think there will be before and after pics of this raid released by govt or airforce?

Even if they don't do Google Earth which updates their pics every month or so should be able to get a view of the place. Plus other countries have military satellites which all of them have probably by now taken hundreds of pics of both Balakots to see which one was bombed.

Govt can say one thing to us and hide thing sfrom us, but in this day of technological warfare where other countries have better tech, you cant hide anything from them. Sooner or later someone will release the actual pics to media. Its just a matter of time and money. There are private companies who sell extremely high resolution pics of 10cm online in the USA for a few hundred dollars.

Last edited:

This is exactly the problem the opposition is grappling with.

This perception how a simple Chaiwala managed to demolish two important mental barriers.

What must people that went through 26-11 be thinking now ? Would they ask why we didn't do the same thing back then. What stopped us.

I like to blame the Americans but fact of the matter is it was us. Post Kargil the economy was doing well and who wants to mess with that.

Our security is our problem.

Nobody will fight our battles.

You either stand up or surrender.[DOUBLEPOST=1551359391][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now its up to us, to start the war or not.
We're not looking for a war but wanting to keep things at a certain temperature for a period of time. Otherwise all will soon be forgotten.

We've made an impression. How to make that impression last for some time.

Doklam lasted for 72 days. Same idea.

No war with China. Six months later there was Wuhan. After Wuhan we're not allowed to bash the Chinese.

Last edited:
After seeing this news how many think there will be before and after pics of this raid released by govt or airforce?
I heard a suggestion that the govt would do that in time to embarass the Paks.

As a result of the two strikes now, the suggestion of another would have some deterrent effect ? that remains to be tested.

But you get the result without having to carry out the action.

Even if they don't do Google Earth which updates their pics every month or so should be able to get a view of the place. Plus other countries have military satellites which all of them have probably by now taken hundreds of pics of both Balakots to see which one was bombed.

Govt can say one thing to us and hide thing sfrom us, but in this day of technological warfare where other countries have better tech, you cant hide anything from them. Sooner or later someone will release the actual pics to media. Its just a matter of time and money. There are private companies who sell extremely high resolution pics of 10cm online in the USA for a few hundred dollars.
To what end ?

The only people that matter here are decision makers. If the govt is lying it does not do any good for our standing so its important that those that matter know what we did. Friend & foe alike.

This does not need to include the public because that constrains options for our people and those across the border and that can be dangerous.

Last edited:
Well, this thread is an example of the saying - You cannot make anyone happy. You're not an avocado.

My two cents is this we in India are hard to please people - we have a problem when the government does only "kadi ninda" (condemnation). But we also have a problem when government tries to do something. No wonder we are laggards of the world - we can't even make up our minds about our own security.

Met a friend who actually preferred that Captain Abhinandan should have died instead of getting into the hands of Pakistanis.

Its such a shame that many fail to see the bravery of that guy who did not worried about going inside their airspace and took the battle inside Pakistan. He fought and kept the honor of the country absolutely intact .

Indian satellites can map 87% land area of Pakistan with a hi def resolution of 0.65m
Reading that link some mantri said we can peep into verandah's.

0.65m = 65cm resolution = 2.13 feet.

I wouldn't count on it. Back when I was still doing my Masters in Technology, the best resolutions of our satellites were 5.8 Sq.m for PAN and 23.5 Sq.m for spectral imagery (if I remember right) and the raw images we obtained from NRSA used to be in those resolutions. Cartosat series improved the PAN resolution capability to 0.6Sq.m, but it should be noted that in order to get a stable high resolution image, the satellite would need to be trained on the area of interest and calibrated to take images in the desired visible or near-Infrared spectrum. Furthermore, even at the time, NRSA used to block out all high value areas of interests in the images even though we were purchasing these images.

Check his other post you'll find garage load of shit that this guy has, This a#*h0le support pakistan and that to openly just coz he hates Modi and is stuck between kejus legs. I was removed from TE whats app group just coz I call MF who supports pakis.
Free country. Free will. Free speech.

Have to persuade others and build a consensus

No consensus, no meaningful action.

Problem is nobody wants tension.

We are democratic. Pak military is not.

That is why they get away with their terror policy.

Ordinary Paks don't get a say. Many Indians do not get this.

Imran cannot do anything meaningful here :(

When i see comments here its clear that many are not aware we are dealing with a master that speaks in two voices.

Listen to what the general says. That is the message this country has to give out in a loud unified voice.

My head is spinning from the implications of this strike. The world is watching two nuke powers have a go at each other. India has the upper hand, is being seen as decisive, precise and in the right. All t's crossed & I's dotted. This level of bold assertion is important at this point in time as Afghanistan winds down and the next wave of unemployed jhadis are unleashed against the country.

Last edited:
As I said before, these BJP bhakts and trolls are just pretentious pricks for whom the lives lost in duty are just fodder for their own agendas and their concern is as fake as their self proclaimed "patriotism". They never cared about all the CRPF personnel who were losing their lives in the line of duty in areas with Maoist insurgency. They come out of the wood work now because the Kashmir insurgency fits their political agenda, but they care just as little for these victims too. They want nothing more than use their deaths for their own politics. Since this woman dared to go against their stance, they will target her without caring that she is the wife of a Jawan whose death they are using. Since its a woman, I am pretty sure a bunch of them would have sent rape threats as well as is the norm with their kind.

They are even inconvenienced by the survival of Wing Commander Abhinandan and would rather see him as a 'martyr'.

No amount or expression of disgust is enough when looking at their behavior. Now you see why I said that Pak is just like looking at India in a mirror. An imaginary borderline doesn't change the nature of the people. Just like the good people, there are always people like this too on the other side. These are the kind of brainless grunts that line up in terror camps to do the bidding of their more masters without question.

Ask your 'friend' if he is ready to die for his country right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1551369519][/DOUBLEPOST]Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the true face of the bjp and it's bhakts:

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/ind...-affects-her-after-feb-14-attack-2051825.html
Where does it mention it was BJP OR THIER BHAKTS? Or have we developed an definition that whatever wrong is said is said by BJP AND HIS BHAKTS .
This people are stupid and DUMBF**** and should be called so

Back