I was looking at Ichirian a few hours back on Google Maps. If you think that is a small militant camp or has semblance to a militant camp look for it on Google maps. Looks like a city. Sorry, I mistook it for Icherrian which is a just nearby and is a big city. btw, look at the topography. Just hard rocky mountains. No amount of bombs will flatten anything there. This is the reason America failed in Afghanistan. You can't bomb mountains and win.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.5189261,73.222602,1913m/data=!3m1!1e3

Hell, just take google maps and try to find out the scale of the mountains and try to find any evidence of strikes or huge craters. Those images i posted could be misleading the more I think about them. Even those small craters could just be small huts. Because I find more such similar shapes inside jungles etc.

If you want to see good resolution pics without too much colour, then that Zoom one is good because they dont even overlay names or boundaries on the sat images. Its like looking from a plane. Plus they have option to look at images from previous days too. I have doubts that they are only updating high altitude pics and not updating low level pics because I saw a lot of mismatch between the Zoom image and Google Maps in amount of buildings and amount of trees. Google seems to be more updated. So maybe in my pic above, the before one is more updated than the after one which could just be normal construction pics of some housing complex. There is no boundary walls etc there, so looks like many months old outdated pics compared to the google one. Cant rely on Zoom to give any evidence.
I can now feel while the pilots could have missed the place due to low visibility.
What is your intent with this exercise ?

It’s possible that the overall strategy behind the Indian mission was to demonstrate military capability while managing escalation. One of the undisputed facts is that Indian jets crossed not only Kashmir’s line of control, but also the international border into undisputed Pakistani territory and were able to release their payloads. India’s military claims that the strikes lasted for a total of 20 minutes.
^critical point

However, based on the available evidence—satellite imagery, official statements, and reported leaks to the media—it appears plausible that India’s strikes in Pakistan were designed primarily to placate a domestic audience while simultaneously limiting escalation by not targeting built-up areas and causing substantial casualties. India’s upcoming election placed significant pressure on Prime Minister Narendra Modi to act in retaliation for the Pulwama attack. There was a requirement to balance the domestic desire for a strong response with the risk of a broader military conflict that would be costly for both countries.
Also true

I've pointed this out already. That is, the govt is doing just the minimum necessary to tackle the problem of terrorism.

They are not taking the steps necessary to solve it, they are still managing it. Now we are not worried about using kinetic options. So at a minimum there is some attempt to placate domestic audience. Earlier there was none. Nothing visible. We were limited to countering terror only in India.

That is right on target about what these stupid for show attack was. To placate the stupid people of India.
You're still not getting it. This isn't just for show.

It's about resolve, capabilities, an attempt to deter sub conventional attacks.

We have deterrence for nuclear & conventional. Sub conventional has always posed a challenge. We managed to thread the needle here with something.

As i sad before it sets the standard to respond for any future attacks. Does not mean every time we get attacked we send the air force in but now you can no longer rule out that option.

In the end we are the ones bearing these attacks for decades now, what is the govt doing about it.

Well this is one answer. Way overdue.

Don't know why people are even bothering answering this paki propagandists.
Probably mods r/India nowadays.
Building consensus. To do more with terrorism requires the people to get behind the govt. They will do that maybe if they understand better ?

I know a lot of people using the same arguments.

Calling people anti-national isn't helpful.

Just because you know does not mean others that do not are idiots. In fact when i see foriegn news channels i ask myself why the hell don't they get our side of the story.

They want to be all fair and balanced and what this does is dilute our position and create a false equivalence. Meaning we are just as reponsible (!)

What ? we get attacked and people say we should show restraint.

Pulwama happened because of our kashmir policy etc.

If we would just talk with the Paks these problems won't happen. Why should we talk about what is legally ours to begin with. Talks about what !?!?

See how the Pak proganada line works without people even realising it.

Another example

Release the pilot for peace. If you release the pilot there will be peace. That is how they hijacked our position.

No, there will only be peace if they dismantle the camps.

Those two hashtags originated in pakistan got picked up in India and started trending. The govt does not agree with this one bit but they are losing influence over the people and Imran is winning it.

The Vietnam war was lost in the living rooms of America not on the battlefield in Vietnam

Back then TV did it. Today its social media. By preventing consensus, the Paks interfere with out ability to enact policies that will be more effective than presently. Pak win!

Last edited:
And no we are not questioning the indian armed forces. They did what you ordered them to do. So what happened, kindly let the world know.

Bingo !

People seem to think that our military somehow operates independently of the govt. Dunno if they're naive or stupid or both. Every frigging authority operates under the fear of reprisal of the govt.
Source: Justice Loya (RIP)

Probably not as much of a loss as it is to India.
https://www.facebook.com/100001914477697/posts/2566260006781123/

It this an loss for Pakistan? Can anybody shed a light?

Probably not as big a loss as to India given how all the flights on the north Indian sector are being rerouted resulting in delays, cancelations and excessive burden on other airports. In fact, there was a order to shut down 10 airports in North India for up to 3 months, but later withdrawn probably realizing the damage it would cause.

Also, since you have demonstrated cluelessnes on other occasions, just a hint that the biggest damage from such deviations is not the revenues of the airports.

Its like ramming a maruti 800 with a Mercedes and looking smug about how much damage you caused.

So now basically, the narrative will be:

1. We intruded into Pak airspace for the first time in 70 years. Because Congress hasn't done anything ever.
  2. We dropped bombs somewhere. Doesn't matter if anything was damaged or anyone was killed.
  3. Vote for modi.
P.s. dyslexia hahahahaha

This is just a temporary respite. Things may be quiet for a while but the next terrorist attack is probably being planned right now.
After the last surgical strike terrorism increased in J&K. It would seem that the strike had no effect. That is the impression the other side has to create. The cost i think to the militants is they have to redouble efforts to regain the initiative and motivate their cadres. So they come at us twice as hard, we put them through the grinder and the numbers start rising. Yes, we're losing people on our side but they're losing them faster because contrary to what people think their numbers aren't infinite. In comparison relatively ours are.

So we hit them again, another invitation for them to redouble efforts once more. We attrite them faster. That is if they take the bait. Our side is demonstrating confidence for worse to come.

It remains to be seen what the deterrence effect of the latest strike will be. Again they will want to rally their militants to strike back. You second guess and say it will be like the last time. They took exactly a month to respond to that.

Question is how long will it take this time. After the election or another just before. Months or years.

Dear Govt.,

SUB: Militant deaths in air strikes at Balakot

Pics or it didn't happen.​

Regards,

Indian public
Speak for yourself. Please dont add others to your silly questions.

If my armed forces says they have done something, but they dont know how many dead on the ground, I will believe that rather than some random idiot on a forum. Sadly for your narrative, even Azhar's bother has now come out saying that there seminary was hit and they will take revenge. But it does not suit your narrative, so you will happily ignore even that. Pakistan admitting that Indian aircrafts have intruded their airspace beyond the LOC and released bombs is itself a big thing for them.

Pakistans minister saying that Azhar is very sick and stuck at home is also going to play out to something bigger, I think. But thats unconfirmed.

Everyone on this forum knows you hate Modi...dont vote for him. But stop making this about him and be happy that after a long time the country has replied to these types of attacks and more importantly the world is in support of our country. Stop crying for everything just because you hate modi. Your hate for him is making you question those who stand on the front line for you to sleep peacefully.

Lmao if Masood Azhar even has acidity, Modi & bhakts will take credit for that. Not surprising. Just as its not surprising that a BJP leader has confirmed that there were no human casualties in the cross border attack India did in retaliation. While bhakts were floating figures of 150-300. Its hilarious how these sad creatures operate.

India's structure is such that the Armed forces are clearly under govt with very little autonomy. India's defence structuring has always been a cautionary approach to prevent any coups like in Porkistan. So when these bhakts say dont question Armed forces, theyre basically asking you not to question mudzi

What is your intent with this exercise ?

My intent was to put myself in an airforce pilots shoes and see from their viewpoint to stop with my armchair arguments. No doubt the pilots get training to see what their target is in day and night time, yet they failed. Most probably because they got scared of getting shot down in a rickety old jet not meant for that purpose and lacking in electronics etc. Probably they saw through the worthless effort they had to put for some senile old man who only wanted to hog their entire achievements for himself.

It's about resolve, capabilities, an attempt to deter sub conventional attacks.
Lets take what you're saying as true now. Look at it from another nations point of view. India failed on intelligence, capability and follow through even though they have better more advanced systems than Pakistan. And for some reason only known to them, they chose to roll out 70's jets for the operation which was necessary to instill fear in Pakistan and its terrorist groups as you say. This means that Indian AF was not taking their job seriously and got kicked in their asses.

Let say you go to slap someone and miss by a lot and only swipe at air. Do you think anyone will take you seriously after that?

Don't you think if really a large number of terrorists died then the writing would have been on the wall more clearly for Pakistan and the JeM and other organizations? I have yet to hear anything from the terrorists in this regard. No threats of taking vengeance on Indian govt or Hindu infidels etc. I would think if any organization lost a large amount of people they would be more vocal about it and not stay silent for a week. These organizations are quick to take responsibility for attacks the same or very next day. Plus I remember that the Taliban in Afghanistan did come out with circulars saying they lost so and so during US drone strikes.
There is no mention of the strike by JeM at all so it never happened on their so called camps.

If you are not questioning what your govt tells you at every turn, then you are not performing even the bare mininum fundamental duties of a citizen of this nation and that makes you an anti-national because you are acting against the better interests of the nation.

A nation is not a hunk of land or its presiding govt. It's all the people that inhabit it.

Back