https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47366718

Look at those pics. Does not look like a bomb fell on that place. There is no crater there. Imagine a bomb that size falling from a plane and not making a dent a few feet into the ground. Even some plants are not burnt in that black spot which looks like it was burnt first and broken shrubs and plants then scattered over it.
You really expect Pak to release pics of actual damage?

CCS meeting has just ended. Expecting an update soon now... should put things into better perspective.

Update: Briefing in-bound at 11:30am by Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale.

All airbases of Punjab and Haryana including Ambala and Sirsa are on high alert. We are ready for the worst to achieve best: Air Commodore S Srinivasan, AOC, Chandigarh Airbase.

Last edited:
Pakistan accepting this is in itself a huge embarrassment for them whether we hit the target or not is always going to be doubtful from both side .

I hope this situation does not explore any further because from now on any bad moves can lead to war and only people benefiting will be weapon manufacturers in Russia, Israel and USA and ofcourse China.

Pakistan says India committed 'aggression', Islamabad has 'right to respond'

"First, they committed aggression against Pakistan today. It is a violation of the LoC. I consider it a violation of the LoC, and Pakistan his right to give a suitable response in self defence," Pakistan foreign minister told reporters after an "emergency meeting" with high-level officials.

Look at those pics. Does not look like a bomb fell on that place. There is no crater there. Imagine a bomb that size falling from a plane and not making a dent a few feet into the ground. Even some plants are not burnt in that black spot which looks like it was burnt first and broken shrubs and plants then scattered over it.
The Pakis will deny any damage as usual.However the bombs used were cluster bombs which are not unitary. They release small bomblets which are similar to grenades. They are very effective against soft skinned targets like people in the open, unarmoured vehicles like jeeps/trucks etc. but not against built up structures like houses/bunkers.

The funniest thing on TV is the media showing a video shared by Pakistan and claiming its the IAF aircrafts conducting attacks.
Those are Paki F16 fighters launching infra red flares. Its very easy to see the tailplane which the Mirage being a tailless delta wing design doesnt have. LOL

Futhermore you can see the F16 is on full afterburner(i.e. the jet of flame emanating from the exhaust) which is used when you need to go supersonic and launching flares which are used to confuse infrared/heat seeking short range air to air missiles(AAM) like our Russian R73 missiles.

http://www.indiandefencereview.com/news/evolution-of-the-air-to-air-missiles-options-for-the-iaf/

These flares are also used to protect against short range man-portable SAM(surface to air) missiles like the Stinger/Igla/Strela as well but keeping in mind they are over pakistani landmass no one will be launching SAMs at them.

So the Paki aircraft is doing an evasive manoeuvre most likely to avoid Indian short range AAMs launched by the airstrike group.

But at least we're doing something which is futile in the long run as history has shown. :(

Last edited:
That reduction post 26-11 i would attribute to the other side toning it down as the international outcry was too high. They slowly moved to attacking security instead of civilians. If you look at the attacks there then you see there is no let up.

What is meant by no change means, the govt is treating this as management exercise.

Paks to be managed

People's expectations here to be managed

What is the minimum required for govt to do so that people are assuaged ?

So we hear of avenging every now & then.

They never address the problem or put in place measures to strangulate the problem.

Nope. When I said In land terror attack, Prime focus was not pak .

Naxals were attacking us big time even though it didn’t have the same level of public interest. For instance in the early 2010 naxal attack they claimed the life of 70 odd CRPF. Compare that with Pulwama.

If international outcry is all it took to rein in terrorism, we would have wiped out global terrorism by now.

Update by Indian media is over 245 JeM terroists have been wiped out in this morning's airstrikes.

In the mean time Pak news channels beaming footage of remote hilly terrain and barren land while saying no damage was caused by IAF whatsoever except for a building wall that collapsed which was the result of the payload dropped by the Indian Mirages as they were made to return back in a hurry by Pak's F16's.

Nope. When I said In land terror attack, Prime focus was not pak .

Naxals were attacking us big time even though it didn’t have the same level of public interest. For instance in the early 2010 naxal attack they claimed the life of 70 odd CRPF. Compare that with Pulwama.

If international outcry is all it took to rein in terrorism, we would have wiped out global terrorism by now.
Outcry over civilian attacks is my take. Doval says it was re-instating POTA that reduced the attacks. The NDA brought it in, then UPA removed it and then quietly re-instated it after 26-11

It's very difficult to stop terror attacks. This is why i think if they decided to go after different targets then you see a difference.

The outcry is for civilian attacks, i remember each time some blasts would go off there would be 100pg thread created here. There is a thread here too for that Datewada attack.

But going after security means less global headlines are created. Naxal attacks aren't going to make global headlines. Hitting security camps is the same.

But with Pathankot, Uri and this Pulwama the govt has pushed publicity much more.

We got a UNSC cndemnation stating JeM, Azhar & Pakistan.

https://thewire.in/diplomacy/pulwama-unsc-statement-india-us-china

The latest example was the UN Security Council’s first ever condemnation of a terrorist attack in Jammu and Kashmir despite persistent Chinese objections.

No statements were issued in the past – neither after Pathankot nor after Uri. The UNSC said nothing when the J&K state legislature complex was targeted in 2001 by Jaish-e-Mohammed. The UN’s most powerful body stayed away from events in “disputed” territories.

The firm statement on the Pulwama attack is a move forward – it draws a clearer line on terrorism and embarrasses China for the company it keeps.

China used every trick in the book first to prevent the statement from being issued, then to argue for a minor two-line reaction and finally to water it down. But its moves were systematically countered and the result was unanimous condemnation.

You expect to get accurate info from the enemy ?

This is the same reason i ignore the opposition when it comes to understanding the ruling party.

Pakistan says India committed 'aggression', Islamabad has 'right to respond'

"First, they committed aggression against Pakistan today. It is a violation of the LoC. I consider it a violation of the LoC, and Pakistan his right to give a suitable response in self defence," Pakistan foreign minister told reporters after an "emergency meeting" with high-level officials.
He has to tell his people that. Given the state of pak finances we will see what their response will be. To use hardware is expensive, sending over expendable jihadis is not.

Update by Indian media is over 245 JeM terroists have been wiped out in this morning's airstrikes.

In the mean time Pak news channels beaming footage of remote hilly terrain and barren land while saying no damage was caused by IAF whatsoever except for a building wall that collapsed which was the result of the payload dropped by the Indian Mirages as they were made to return back in a hurry by Pak's F16's.
If they are already denying it then there will be no more response from them other than the usual jihadi attacks.

Good :)[DOUBLEPOST=1551185657][/DOUBLEPOST]
People also clearly have no idea what a surgical strike is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surgical_strike
Put simply it means

Pakistan is not the target

Pakistani people are not the target

Pakistan military are not the target though collateral damage can be expected

Militants are the target.

Iranians have sent their forces in to attack Jundallah inside Pakistan.

Burmese airforce in 2015 bombed militant camps in China. Best part is China's response. Not a single word.[DOUBLEPOST=1551199949][/DOUBLEPOST]Nitin's report

Last edited:
The Pakis will deny any damage as usual.However the bombs used were cluster bombs which are not unitary. They release small bomblets which are similar to grenades. They are very effective against soft skinned targets like people in the open, unarmoured vehicles like jeeps/trucks etc. but not against built up structures like houses/bunkers.
@Marcus Fenix Hi there, i've been trying to find more info on what actually went down (news is focusing on people's reaction and idc). Could you share your sources please as this is the first i'm hearing about the cluster munitions? Also, if i'm not mistaken, aren't we signatory to a global treaty banning the use of cluster munitions?

The funniest thing on TV is the media showing a video shared by Pakistan and claiming its the IAF aircrafts conducting attacks.
Those are Paki F16 fighters launching infra red flares. Its very easy to see the tailplane which the Mirage being a tailless delta wing design doesnt have. LOL
Tbh, an article in The Hindu shows a picture of a Tornado but the caption has it labeled as a Mirage. I honestly think both are just goof-ups.

Last edited:
this is the first i'm hearing about the cluster munitions? Also, if i'm not mistaken, aren't we signatory to a global treaty banning the use of cluster munitions?
No, we are not

http://www.the-monitor.org/en-gb/reports/2017/india/cluster-munition-ban-policy.aspx

i've been trying to find more info on what actually went down (news is focusing on people's reaction and idc).
Listen to Nitin, he' been abroad talking about the last one.

@Marcus Fenix Hi there, i've been trying to find more info on what actually went down (news is focusing on people's reaction and idc). Could you share your sources please as this is the first i'm hearing about the cluster munitions? Also, if i'm not mistaken, aren't we signatory to a global treaty banning the use of cluster munitions?

Tbh, an article in The Hindu shows a picture of a Tornado but the caption has it labeled as a Mirage. I honestly think both are just goof-ups.
Hot damn..... Whatsapp fake news.

"India fights back, today morning at 3.30 twelve mirage 2000 fighter jets crossed loc and dropped 1000kgs of cluster bomb to destroy militant base camp. Special forces has been deployed near loc to counter any sort of insurgency.
Good morning to everyone.
Jai hind"

This is where I first got the news from a whatsapp group and that cluster bomb part got stuck in my head.

Now that you mentioned it I read up more and seems like we used 500 pound GBU-12 laser guided bombs but everywhere else on YV I only heard of 1 ton bombs.

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...465539-2019-02-26?utm_source=it_sticky_footer

Hopefully this is correct. My bad people. :(

As for cluster bombs we are even getting the CBU-105 anti armor cluster bomb from the US. I rememer seeing this first on Future Weapons on Discovery channel when I was in college. Just take a look at youtube for any CBU-105 video and its f'ing awesome.

Now that you mentioned it I read up more and seems like we used 500 pound GBU-12 laser guided bombs but everywhere else on YV I only heard of 1 ton bombs.
Yeah, the most common munition being reported is a 1000lb laser guided bomb which is most likely the gbu series you mentioned above.

As for cluster bombs we are even getting the CBU-105 anti armor cluster bomb from the US. I rememer seeing this first on Future Weapons on Discovery channel when I was in college. Just take a look at youtube for any CBU-105 video and its f'ing awesome.
Yes, i remember seeing it many years ago on discovery too :D

No, we are not

http://www.the-monitor.org/en-gb/reports/2017/india/cluster-munition-ban-policy.aspx

Listen to Nitin, he' been abroad talking about the last one.
^Thanks :)

Yeah, the most common munition being reported is a 1000lb laser guided bomb which is most likely the gbu series you mentioned above.
What gets me about that laser guided business is it doesn't it require someone on the ground to light up the target ?

Meaning we'd need some guys on the site already infiltrated in.

Not impossible but if the idea is to get in and out without any extra hassle then having people on the ground is a risk.

Back