PureVPN for $1.32/mo on 5 Years Plan - Is it worth it?

If you are going to use VPN for want of privacy, i would recommend staying away from PureVpn or Nord. If you just want to hide from your ISP then it might be OK. Do a speed test with the services you would use before you commit for 5 years.

If you are going to use VPN for want of privacy, i would recommend staying away from PureVpn or Nord. If you just want to hide from your ISP then it might be OK. Do a speed test with the services you would use before you commit for 5 years.

So what is the VPN you would suggest for Privacy? Also, is there a VPN that can be configured in the router? I am on Airtel vFiber.

I would recommend Mullvad. Any VPN provider who uses OpenVpn should be configurable on the router, provided your router model supports it. Basic routers dont.
Mullvad provides both Wireguard and OpenVpn if i remember correctly.

Lot of VPN sites say they dont keep logs, many have proven to be outright lying or dont mind sharing details about you to the authorities. Any one with basic knowledge can rent a server and set up a VPN server, so there are lot of shady providers.
If you want the cheapest stuff then you can just rent a VPS and install openvn/wireguard or use scripts algo/streisand and get your own vpn running, even share with your friends.

For review of VPN with respect to privacy check https://thatoneprivacysite.net.

They have done a lot of shady stuff in the past that i wouldn't trust them.

Read the privacy policy, they log connection details
Read more

The more deeper you go, the more you realize almost all are junk, take your time to Google.
You would have to compromise one way or the other, find out why you need VPN for and select a provider accordingly.

Interesting take on this:

Back