Graphic Cards Quadro 4000 Dual Monitor not working

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi guys ....

Need your help again.

I need dual monitor out-put for my work & unable to do so.

My Specs
i7-3820
Intel Dx79SI
Leadtek Quadro 4000 [ this has 1 DVI-D and 2 Displayports]
32 GB Ram
Quadro Driver 320.92

Monitors :
Output Monitor - Apple 27" Cinema Display
Work monitor - Samsung 22" - with VGA and HDMI

[I am using VGA on Samsung - connected via DVI-I to VGA adapter]; we do not have an HDMI cable here :(

I have tried all sorts of permutations (interchanging the monitors thru the Quadro outputs) - tried 4 different Leadtek Displayport to DVI-D/I connectors + An Amphenol Displayport to DVI-D connector too]

I also tried connecting 2 Apple 27" monitors.

Problem seems to be with the 2 Quadro Displayports (am I right?)...... At times it works (not sure on an older nvidia driver) ..... BUT then the displayport gives ONLY 1280 x 720 ..... even on the Apple 27" (which is capable of 2560 x 1440).

The DVI output of the Quadro is fine upto 2560 x 1440

====================

My earlier attemps on another system was fine .... there I was using a Asus GTX 660 card where there are 2 DVI options

Thanks

Terry

any clues @6pack

No ideas about quadro setup.
What does it show in nvidia control panel?
If you get output sometimes on both monitors, then it might not be cards fault.

Do you get output if both apple cinema displays are connected to the two display ports at same time?

Solved the problem .... discarded the Samsung VGA S23B350 Monitor & connected with a Dell 24" (connected to displayport)

Now I have configured both monitors at 1920 x 1080 .... But the whole thing is .......

Weird as you would see from my replies below (based on the earlier connection attempts)

If you get output sometimes on both monitors, then it might not be cards fault.

Yes but sometimes only and not at full resolution - one monitor was stuck at 1280 x 720

Do you get output if both apple cinema displays are connected to the two display ports at same time?

NO .... which is really confusing as I would have loved to use dual Apple 27" for my work

Still thanks Vinay ........

Now onto a final problem ...... realtime Playback of Video is strobing on the Apple 27" ..... I rolled back nvidia quadro driver still ???

[I am grabbing dpx 12bit files which get converted to Avid DNxHD 175]

This last problem is gonna be very dicey to sort

Back