Quaking in my boots!

I used to play it long back in col. It was fun when you hand enough of friends on it. Even Quake live was sparsely populated . Hopefully this can revive quake.

The only reason I quit playing quake was because of all the CA that was being played. Its like only playing deathmatch in CS. No strats or anything, spawn with guns and armor, keep shooting until you die.
Its quake for dummies.
Sigh! The good old days of Quake duel are gone it feels like.

CS players won't manage this, Overwatch players on the other hand might actually manage. I recently played Overwatch during the free weekend and got so many kills with Pharaoh (rocket launcher with a jetpack hero) just by playing the game like Quake.

CS players won't manage this, Overwatch players on the other hand might actually manage. I recently played Overwatch during the free weekend and got so many kills with Pharaoh (rocket launcher with a jetpack hero) just by playing the game like Quake.
40 hour pharah here,completely agreed ,just look at rocketjumpninja,he is a 17 year quake veteran,he is basically murder when it comes to playing pharah

Q3 was my first 3d game, other ones I used to play were Gta 2 and doom.
I had a demo, so fewer characters were unlocked but it was worthy. (Insert instant nostalgia here)
Quake live is great project that tries to revive it back

This was my worry, Q3 was pure fun, just shooting with no special skills.
Was really worried how the special skills will enhance the gameplay.
Seems my worries are correct.

Q3A required mad strafe jumping skills and also had a weird physics model that worked best at 125fps. Strafe jumping is still present but the game just doesn't feel as fluid. Maybe it'll improve once optimzations are done.

Q3A required mad strafe jumping skills and also had a weird physics model that worked best at 125fps. Strafe jumping is still present but the game just doesn't feel as fluid. Maybe it'll improve once optimzations are done.
Love rocket jumping like anything, esp when there was no self dmg. I used to try the skills maps in Q3, though was not very good at them :)

Pretty much my concern too - the whole "lets add special Skills and try to be like Overwatch" vibe.

Are there any Asia Servers for the Beta - Singapore specifically? Last I heard there were only EU/US severs and I get 300+ ping to those areas...

Pretty much my concern too - the whole "lets add special Skills and try to be like Overwatch" vibe.

Are there any Asia Servers for the Beta - Singapore specifically? Last I heard there were only EU/US severs and I get 300+ ping to those areas...
Nope no asia servers atm. So yea lag is another issue.

Well, Overwatch wasn't the first team shooter with special skills added to the mix and it won't be the last. The uniqueness of Quake Champions is that its duel with special skills which will add a whole new level of strategy to the game. On the whole, I'm pleased with where they are going with this. The only part I don't like is the crazy graphics, it looks like bethesda has tried way too much and made things a little too creative than it needs to be.

Back