Queries related to passport

You mean say i get my passport renewed, i would get the same in post and AFTER that police verification is done ? That isn't how it is supposed to be right ?[DOUBLEPOST=1370318509][/DOUBLEPOST]

Probably because of faster processing and no red tape and babu-giri ?
But from what i see now a days, the process seems to have become more streamlined in India too. Agents i guess have no hand in it like they used to have before. Correct me if wrong.

Yes, the passport seva kendra offices do their work. All you need is to be patient for booking the appointment.
I had my parents' passports renewed from one of the Bangalore offices. Went through easily.

But i am still confused and surprised why and how yesterday i got the appointment so soon and i never got any page where all appointment slots are listed and i need to select one of them.

I read somewhere that police verification is usually not done in case of renewals. So i guess i will give reference of my FIL and may be MIL. :)
PV is there in case address change in your case.[DOUBLEPOST=1370321069][/DOUBLEPOST]
But i am still confused and surprised why and how yesterday i got the appointment so soon and i never got any page where all appointment slots are listed and i need to select one of them.
may be u have previledge being TEian...:happy::p...........

Then 99.99% PV not required, unless the accessing officer specifically remarked while last stage processing the passport.

Ok so someone on my internal company forum told me that for Mumbai, they are not giving option of slots anymore. So one gets a slot usually 3 days after from the day he/she books it. That's why probably i got slot for 06th June when i tried yesterday (03rd June).
Ok now i want to add my Wife's name in my passport. As per the passport website, the documents i need is my old passport and attested marriage certificate.
So does this mean i need to go to the PSK, with only these 2 document ? Do i need to give any new picture or anything ?
Also with the addition of spouse's name, will i get a new fresh passport and will i get my old passport back from them (which then i am needed to carry always with me along with new one ?)[DOUBLEPOST=1370325083][/DOUBLEPOST]At the time when i actually visit the PSK to get my wife's name added in the passport, can i also ask them if renewal is possible ?
Or may be when i am making an application online, i can select 2 reasons for the re-issue, one is validity due to expire and second addition of spouse's name.

^^You can do both in one go - I just did the same last year. Carry your marriage registration certificate and your old passport. That is good enough if there's no address change.

^^You can do both in one go - I just did the same last year. Carry your marriage registration certificate and your old passport. That is good enough if there's no address change.

Ok in that case coming to next question, say i select both options while filling the application online and later when i go to the PSK i tell them i want to add my spouse's name and also renew the passport. And there is a very high probability they might reject my renewal application, but will they still process my "adding spouse's name" part ?[DOUBLEPOST=1370332259][/DOUBLEPOST]@Chaos

The marriage certificate has my wife's before marriage name. So i am confused how they will endorse the after marriage name in the passport ? Do I need to submit anything additionally for that ?

Last edited by a moderator:
So anyone here who got their wife's name endorsed in their passport after marriage, how did you go about ? I mean the proofs and all for the wife.
The marriage certificate has her old before marriage name. So if i just go there with the attested marriage certificate copy (also original) and my passport, i am not sure they will just put my wife's name (new one). Do they require some sort of affidavit or something like below ?

I XYZ change my name to ABC etc etc

Or whatever the standard format is.

no affidavit required if only surname change after marriage... just marriage certificate is enough! BTW all your queries is already answered in psk site :)

... no red tape ...
exactly!

Edit: and they'd cancel your existing passport the moment you apply for renewal. so, you are at the mercy of babu log to provide you with the new passport. and if takes time then you'll definitely miss your travel dates.

so, if people have no travel plans for upto 3 months, then only they should go for renewal. otherwise, get it done from "better" countries.

...Agents i guess have no hand in it like they used to have before. Correct me if wrong.

you are super wrong.

They have changed the appointment scheduling process post 1 June. It used to show you slots before that. Now it is mentioned that the earliest available slot is allotted. I have tried now three days without any luck (PSK Kolkata). Looks like an agent is required nevertheless. :(

They have changed the appointment scheduling process post 1 June. It used to show you slots before that. Now it is mentioned that the earliest available slot is allotted. I have tried now three days without any luck (PSK Kolkata). Looks like an agent is required nevertheless. :(

I was also trying, but after some tries, the usual cryptic message came. Try: after some date, at 7 :00 PM. It is still the usual sh** process, like all Indian documentation centers are.

if there is no PV, you may get passport in 1 week in normal mode itself. If PV is required, max it take two weeks depends on your local police station/commissioner office!

yes this is what i was mentioning. I got an appointment for 3 days after the day i applied. But cancelled it as i dont intend to go for now. But probably because Mumbai has 3 PSKs. Not sure what is the case with other cities.
Pune has only one. :mad:

no affidavit required if only surname change after marriage... just marriage certificate is enough! BTW all your queries is already answered in psk site :)

I did go through the PSK website but just one thing bothers me as of now, before i go for a appointment for adding my wife's name. I just want to be double sure.
When you say surname change, her name will also have middle name as mine right ? So only her first name remains same while middle and surname changes.
So for this only the marriage certificate will do ?

Also when we talk about adding / endorsing wife's name in husband's passport, will they issue me a new passport with the name properly printed or just add the details somewhere else within the passport.
I read somewhere online (old 2009 threads) that they just write /print the details somewhere within the passport and probably give you the same day.

I did go through the PSK website but just one thing bothers me as of now, before i go for a appointment for adding my wife's name. I just want to be double sure.
When you say surname change, her name will also have middle name as mine right ? So only her first name remains same while middle and surname changes.
So for this only the marriage certificate will do ?
If the first name remains same, then marriage certificate will suffice!

Also when we talk about adding / endorsing wife's name in husband's passport, will they issue me a new passport with the name properly printed or just add the details somewhere else within the passport.
I read somewhere online (old 2009 threads) that they just write /print the details somewhere within the passport and probably give you the same day.
I'm not sure about this, i added my wife name during my renewal.

This link should give you information about the required documents...

Back