Queries related to passport

raksrules

Elite
I need to know how early can one apply for renewal of passport ? I just called the passport toll free number listen on passportindia.gov.in and the lady there told me there is no specific rule but i read somewhere else that i cannot apply before 1 year ?
Confused on this front.
Anyone has any ideas ? In my case my passport expires sometime in 2015 (mostly towards the end) but is it possible for me to apply now for renewal ?

The posts are quite depressing if the facts are true. It is quite a shitty situation.
@raksrules if you are intending to obtain a visa for >1 year then there should not be a problem. What happens in case a passport is 'lost'? Will the new passport the new one have the old passport's validity or will it have a full 10 year validity?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to renew the passport but every time it says , any clues when does it starts earlier i used to see 3:00 PM

Maximum number of appointments exceeded for the day

For me in Bangalore it starts at 6:00 PM & within 2 min at 6:02 it says 625 appointment booked no appointment available
Finally after trying for 6 days I got an appointment, you will have to be dead fast

renewing a passport before one year is not supported by the Indian embassies abroad, though i dont know what is the scenario in India. If you have a valid resident visa in the respective countries you can apply for a renewals 6 months prior to your passport being expired, though there are options abroad to get the passport to be issued even two weeks before the expiry date. I dont know how this hold well in India, with although the procedure has been made available online.

- - - Updated - - -

Have a look at this

My passport will expire in 2 years. What should I do?

You can apply for a reissue of passport up to 1 year before the expiry or within three years after the expiry of the existing passport without fresh police verification, provided there is clear police report with respect to your previous passport and there is no adverse entry in the system. You can also apply for reissue of passport if your last passport has expired more than three years ago, but fresh police verification would take place.

Since we are talking about Passport, I could use some suggestion.

My Wife's passport is of different City (Pune) with incorrect Birthplace.
We have now moved to Mumbai. So to update the Address and to correct the Birthplace, will we need to apply at Pune or at Mumbai ?

Thanks

Got the appointment next week[DOUBLEPOST=1363266701,1362662000][/DOUBLEPOST]Finally after waiting for 5 hours in the queue got it renewed.

I thought for renewal there'd be no queue? just show up at the appointment time? (thats how it was in chennai some years ago)

I have a query. Is there a difference in renewal/damaged passport replacement? What all application forms are required?

Also, my passport shows the name but the pic is gone. Is there some special handling required in such cases?

I'm planning to apply passport for my family(wife + 2 kids)... do i need to book appointment for all three separately? Or any special consideration is for a family with kids(4 months baby)?

I got to know from someone that he got his passport renewed 1.5 years before the expiry date. He had a document about some sort of student visa which required the passport to expire at a later date than what it was for that person. But he never showed the document to the concerned person in passport office / PSK and got the passport renewed.
Can i try taking an appointment of PSK, going to the PSK and try renewing my passport as of now even when my passport is expiring in October 2015 ?
Worth a shot ?

Back