Queries related to passport

Guys need advice. My sister had her new Passport issued last year and out of the blue one of the cover pages of the passport came off. Does anybody know what the procedure will be in a case like this? Do we have to go through the entire process of getting a new passport all over again?

Your passport is damaged and you have to get it reissued and that can be done only under Normal and not Tatkal with same procedures. For confirmation you talk to the toll free number and check.

@irfanlai, Your wife has to keep the name after marriage, as that is what you need to show in the passport, but will the bank agree to such a change from the fathers name?
The PSK official can clearly understand that from the affidavit, that she was married to you, provide document evidence, then what more can they be asking for?
Keep in mind one thing, what data you wanted to be printed on the passport must match and be the same of the supporting documents and evidence submitted at the time meeting the PSK official.

Bank will not have an issue until the 1st holder himself is present and willing to add him/her on his behalf and she has made a special affidavit for this that mention that her post marriage name is so and so. She has already created an account with Andra Bank this Tuesday.
Yes she will register her Bank account with post marriage name that is my name as middle name.

Then she can produce Bank passbook which will provide address proof and name will be post marriage in Bank account with Registered marriage certificate. Hope this will resolve the issue.

Your passport is damaged and you have to get it reissued and that can be done only under Normal and not Tatkal with same procedures. For confirmation you talk to the toll free number and check.

Yes, A friend's passport was once damaged by his company's travel agent. She was playing with the passport while talking on the phone and ended up peeling the blue coating on the top cover. Poor my friend had to get his passport reissued. He lashed that travel agent a lot and reported to the HR.

@abracadabra - The binding which holds all the pages of the passport together has loosened resulting in a few pages including the blue thick cover to come out.
@irfanlai @djmykey - Oh man, will have to go through the same process again *sigh*

Thanks for your replies guys.

@wingmysoul, Has the pages come out, meaning physically seperated? have you already traveled with the same passport outside India already?

Why i was asking is cos, i have traveled with a damaged passport in which the front page in which my (photo, signature, name, DOI, DOE)(old model passport) was present, had the transparent sheet which was completely was out because of the bad quality glue/adhesive that GOI used at the time of issues of my passport. When I had approached the Consulate for renewal, they very much told me to travel and no hurdles were faced ever,[DOUBLEPOST=1392908042][/DOUBLEPOST]@irfanlai, Good luck anyways! Keep the thread posted of the outcome, so it will help others too!

For providing Bank statements as address proof such as 'Bank of India'. They provides pass book only. So should I Xerox the passbook and take the bank stamp or tell them to give a statement with stamp.

Please advice.

Ask them to issue an annual statement in their stationery. You might need to write an application. They might charge you a modest sum. Usually, the statement will run into several pages.. and they will affix their seal in each page, along with the branch manager's signature in the last page. Your name and address will be printed in the first page. You could request them to affix your photo in the first page alongside the name and address and ask them to attest it too..

So can my wife be added as joint holder in my father's account and the than 1 year account statement of the same account can be given as address proof for my wife's passport ?

So can my wife be added as joint holder in my father's account and the than 1 year account statement of the same account can be given as address proof for my wife's passport ?

This is what I have done in my wife case. Added her in my Fathers Saving account with Bank of India. Hoping that this will work.

@logistopath
My wife has been added in My father Bank of India Saving account. The pass book has both my Fathers and my wife photo and name but the statement which I took from the Bank has only 1st holder my fathers name and they have written manually my wife name with Bank stamp. Will this be ok for PSK to accept.

In most Public sector banks and some private banks, second holder name does not appear in the bank statements. They write manually and put stamp.

Ok Wife Passport application approved in Tatkal and passport received in flat 3 days. So will brief the whole scenario.

Reason for reissue: Adding Spouse name after marriage and updating address to Spouse address

Documents submitted:
Old Passport
Bank of India (Added as Joint bank account holder with my father) statement for 12 months and passbook
Ration Card
Marriage Certificate
Spouse Passport Xerox

Tatkal appointment: Best to pay using SBI challan and then book right when Tatkal booking starts.
Advice : Submit as many documents as possible as per the document annexure. Makes your life easier there
No police verification required, applied on Monday and passport received on Wednesday evening

Thanks all for your valuable inputs and thanks to @raksrules @logistopath @abracadabra

Last edited:
@irfanlai

Do we really need Ration Card. Actually one my friend has recently got married (1 month back) and needs to get name changed, addition of spouse name and address change in his wife's passport. I told him old passport and marriage certificate should suffice since apart from this he would not have anything like joint account etc.

Ration card is accepted but to support that you need to show other documents like Bank statment, water, electricity bill. Best is to submit as many documents as possible.

hey guys due to address change I do not have my voter id, physical aadhar card, or any bank a/c in public bank. so can e-aadhar be accepted as proof of address?

Yes, Aadhar card is accepted as proof of address but you may require some additional proof since the official has the power to ask for it

Back