Queries related to passport

hey guys due to address change I do not have my voter id, physical aadhar card, or any bank a/c in public bank. so can e-aadhar be accepted as proof of address?

E-aadhar is not accepted. You need physical card and that too it should be more than a year old. Better get a joint account with any relatives in any Public sector Banks like SBI, Andhra Bank etc and show the bank statement and passbook for address proof.

Thanks for the response. btw anyone done correction in their Electoral data.. by filling form 8? i guess that is accepted for passport. how long does it takes?
I do not have any urgency in obtaining passport but still have to do everything systematically.

Can someone tell me that if my passport is expiring on 1 January 2015, till what time i can travel on this passport?
I hear that I cant travel after "6 months before the expiry". So in this case, I cant travel after 30 June 2014. True?

Depends on which country you are traveling. Few takes upto 3 months before expiry and few don't allow beyond 6 months.

Some countries have a strict 6-month validity rule in place. If your passport expires within 6 months of your date of arrival you will be turned away at immigration, if not before at your departure airport. These include: Thailand, India, Sri Lanka, UAE, Brazil, Ecuador, Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Paraguay, Tunisia, Romania, Singapore and surprisingly, Belgium.

Other countries enforce a 3-month rule. These include: Cambodia, Denmark, Fiji, Switzerland, South Africa, New Zealand, Croatia and Estonia

Many countries however require only a valid passport for the duration of your stay. Among these are: Kenya, Tanzania, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Malta, UK and USA.

Generally passport are getting delivered in 1 month subject to the condition that your documents are proper. Its 1500 for normal services.
You need to fill online application at below address. Then make the payment and take appointment at the designated centre. Take all your documents on the appointment date.
Let us know if you have any specific query.

Read more here:
http://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink

Can anyone clarify this?
If infant passport is needed to be made, is it ok if only one parent's endorsement is done, as in my wife's name is endorsed in my passport but her passport still has old address and before marriage name and mention of my name anywhere ?

Can anyone clarify this?
If infant passport is needed to be made, is it ok if only one parent's endorsement is done, as in my wife's name is endorsed in my passport but her passport still has old address and before marriage name and mention of my name anywhere ?

Yes. Only your passport will do. I did the same for my son. I applied and got my passport first. My wife and son applied together next using my passport as proof. My son got his passport within a couple of weeks, without any need for my wife's passport.

When did u applied
Lately there is a Huge delay since last 4 months as there is some issue with the Printing Factory in nasik..

Yes. Only your passport will do. I did the same for my son. I applied and got my passport first. My wife and son applied together next using my passport as proof. My son got his passport within a couple of weeks, without any need for my wife's passport.
In my case they asked me to apply wife's passport first and submit the application receipt along with my passport for kid's passport. I wanted to finish my daughter's application quickly and send back to home as she was 8 months old when we applied. so i booked three time slots with 30 mins gap. But the TCS guys were adamant saying you need both the passport or the application copy and even i showed them the rules from PSK site. But they were like, if you want i will allow you, but dont scold us if they reject inside :( Exactly inside the govt staffs were asking for the same!

Your passport with Your wife name endorse on it...
Yours wife aadhar card which should be one year old with the same address of your passport..
Thats all You need and you are ready to Go...

Your passport with Your wife name endorse on it...
Yours wife aadhar card which should be one year old with the same address of your passport..
Thats all You need and you are ready to Go...

Yes my wife has adhaar one year old with her after marriage address. Which is same address as my passport. That will work then.

Back