Queries related to passport

My wife needs to get her passport renewed. He passport anyways expires in August 2020 and she wants to get the name changed on her passport as she currently has the before marriage name. She will also be changing signature.
I have few questions on this...

1. I checked document advisor and it says she needs her current passport photo copy and spouse self attested passport photo copy. Is anything else required? Ofcourse I will give the marriage certificate, my original passport (which has her after marriage name written in spouse name).

2. Do I need to go with her to PSK? I cannot so I intend to send her alone to get eveything done.

Now another situation, I need to get my son's passport made.

1. He is 8 months old so I guess I have to take his picture and take right?

2. He will be getting his Aadhar in few days (already applied), so apart from that we intend to take my passport, his birth certificate as additional documents. Is that all ok?

3. Do I need to wait for my wife's passport renewal to be done and renewed passport received for my son's passport to be applied? Or I can do it in parallel. I want my wife's after marriage name in my son's passport.

4. Can my wife alone go with my son for the passport? Or I need to go? Also is my son even needed for the passport application or we can keep him home and my wife can get it done alone?

5. If i can get both their applications (wife's passport renewal and son's fresh application) done together, how to have their appointments together?

Do I need to go with her to PSK? I cannot so I intend to send her alone to get eveything done.
You cannot. Accompanying person is allowed only for senior citizens, disabled, minor, etc. But you have to go anyway for your child's passport. Read my reply below.
He is 8 months old so I guess I have to take his picture and take right?
Yes.
He will be getting his Aadhar in few days (already applied), so apart from that we intend to take my passport, his birth certificate as additional documents. Is that all ok?
An affidavit from the parents. It's called Annexure D. Link here ==> https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/pdf/AnnexureD.pdf
You can take a print out on a plain paper and sign it and submit. It is not required on stamp paper.
Or I can do it in parallel.
You may do it in parallel. AFAIK, the names are printed as per what you fill in the application form. From what I read somewhere, if the names in the birth certificate of the child are correct, then there should be no issue at all.
Can my wife alone go with my son for the passport? Or I need to go?
Both parents need to be present. If in case you cannot really make it for whatever reason, you need to fill Annexure C instead of the aforementioned Annexure D. This annx. C is used when one parent has given consent. There is an option in this form to mention that the other parent is traveling and not able to give consent. However, I would suggest you simplify the process by being present. This way, you can accompany your wife and child, and reduce the stress on your wife. ;)
Also is my son even needed for the passport application
Absolutely. Biometrics or photograph won't be taken for the child, but the child has to be physically present.
If i can get both their applications (wife's passport renewal and son's fresh application) done together, how to have their appointments together?
Minor passports don't need prior appointment. SO book an appointment for your wife, and get both of their work done in the same slot.

Thank you so much for detailed replies. Really appreciate it. I started a new job so I don't really want to take a leave for now. May be I will wait for couple of months to get this done.

I am always confused by this so asking again. Need to renew my wife's passport with name change as well and it asks this on the main page where all details are to be given.

Is applicant eligible for Non-ECR category?*

By default YES is selected but I am not sure if I should select Yes or No. Because Selecting Yes may require additional documents.

I am always confused by this so asking again. Need to renew my wife's passport with name change as well and it asks this on the main page where all details are to be given.

Is applicant eligible for Non-ECR category?*

By default YES is selected but I am not sure if I should select Yes or No. Because Selecting Yes may require additional documents.
Anyone who has passed Matriculation exam is eligible for non ecr category. You just need Matriculation or higher sec or a degree certificate. That's it.

My passport is expiring in Aug 2023 while my both kids' passports are expiring in Jan 2024. Since we can renew passport one year in advance, I was planning to renew passports for all 3 of us sometime say in Feb 2023 or so.
I am located in Mumbai (nearest PSK is Malad). Is there a way I can get appointment for all 3 of us together so we can get passports renewed on same day at the PSK?

Or the only option is that I need to make sure I get 3 separate same day and slot appointments and then this way we can all enter together. Inside PSK, is there a way they can treat such family applications (different individuals of same family) under single token so that it is easier inside as we go through the A, B, C areas.

Also, for a minor's passport renewal, do both parents need to go to PSK? I remember once my wife went alone with me and they told she should get some letter from me and all that.

if we shift from the address given on passport to new temporary address do we need to get new passport ? example permanent adress being hometown
change of address is up to your preference. if you want to use your passport as address proof, then you need to keep updating it. My passport is in my old address, have been at 5different addresses since I got my passport. Waiting for the renewal to update to the permanent address

Hi all,

I've applied for fresh passport via the portal. Uploaded PDF of Aadhar as proof. What other documents do I need to carry for appointment? I was not able to find this information on the portal.

Thanks

change of address is up to your preference. if you want to use your passport as address proof, then you need to keep updating it. My passport is in my old address, have been at 5different addresses since I got my passport. Waiting for the renewal to update to the permanent address
oh okay

Hi all,

I've applied for fresh passport via the portal. Uploaded PDF of Aadhar as proof. What other documents do I need to carry for appointment? I was not able to find this information on the portal.

Thanks
Usually current address proof, ID , Age/DOB Proof. Between aadhaar, pan and ration card it should take care of all things.

Thanks. I'll see what I can carry. I was mainly confused by Non-ECR section.
For non-ECR, you likely need to carry a copy of your secondary school or university mark sheet (which I believe should also have your DOB in it).
Also, for a minor's passport renewal, do both parents need to go to PSK? I remember once my wife went alone with me and they told she should get some letter from me and all that.
Right. We were recently told that both parents need to be present, for minors. Or you'll need an affidavit from the absent parent.

My passport is about to expire in nov 2022 can i do renewal in advance also have the same emigration check required stamp on it will get it sorted this time by subimitting school/college marksheet also can i do a renewal in advance ?

My passport is about to expire in nov 2022 can i do renewal in advance also have the same emigration check required stamp on it will get it sorted this time by subimitting school/college marksheet also can i do a renewal in advance ?
can be renewed upto a year in advance

Back