Car & Bike Query about Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz

Guys,

I have got my Friends' new i10 for 4 months. Never had a chance to know a four wheeler well. My question is, where do we fill water in Hyundai i10 Kappa2 Sportz :ashamed: I mean there are two lids in the bonnet, which one to fill?

Be ready to face some silly questions from me for 4 months from today.

Where can we fit anti theft sensors (alarms) in Mumbai and how much does it cost?

Note: Even the owner(my friend) doesnt know much about vehicles.

Kindly help

Attachments

• 5017404694_5347d846fd_z.jpg
    5017404694_5347d846fd_z.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 4,977
Sumit thats for wiper water :p. I am talking about engine coolant + water mixture. On the first lid its written engine coolant but the reservoir is not transparent so unable to judge the level of coolant. :(

Funny thing, but even I don't know that after owning it for nearly 1.5 yrs. :)
I will check with my friend who also owns i10. But my best guess is no. 4. But I have not needed to fill water + coolant for whole of my ownership. Why do you want to do that? When was it last serviced?
You must install anti-theft only from authorised dealer, as it may void warranty of electric parts if installed from outside shops (not always though). Find the one near you through website.

^ abhe chirag if you are such a noob, then it's better to go to your nearest auto repair shop for doing such simple things.you will pick it up as you own it for a prolonged tenure.

also,anti theft censors cost in a wide range from 2k to 6 k afaik,depending on the features.enjoy the i10!

look carplus.in for prices!

Thanks vantheman5211. What you said is true, I will go to hyundai service centre today to get friendly with the maintenance part. And regarding anti theft system, I will ask the hyundai guys to install it. Actually they said they use autocop with just hyundai brand name on it,.
^ abhe chirag if you are such a noob, then it's better to go to your nearest auto repair shop for doing such simple things.you will pick it up as you own it for a prolonged tenure.

No idea about piranha, but autocop units cost between 3k to 5.5k. I think the high end unit comes with engine immobilizer
piranha/autocop units will cost you between 3-3.5k.

Thanks vantheman5211. What you said is true, I will go to hyundai service centre today to get friendly with the maintenance part. And regarding anti theft system, I will ask the hyundai guys to install it. Actually they said they use autocop with just hyundai brand name on it,. r

True, I know this for a fact coz I went along with my friend to get his remote repaired when it got soaked in water and conked off.
Did you know those AutoCop ppl can make a duplicate remote of your car within 5 mins ??? :unsure:

Thanks vantheman5211. What you said is true, I will go to hyundai service centre today to get friendly with the maintenance part. And regarding anti theft system, I will ask the hyundai guys to install it. Actually they said they use autocop with just hyundai brand name on it,.

No idea about piranha, but autocop units cost between 3k to 5.5k. I think the high end unit comes with engine immobilizer

yeah what they said is true.they give a autocop manufactured lock with hyundai name on it.does the job!:)

I hope you know that if at all you want to top up the coolant, you can do so with Distilled water or else ready mix coolant or else you get concentrated ones which are usually mixed in 1:1 or 1:2 proportion with distilled water. Do not use normal tap water in your radiator. Also there must be a reservoir for the Coolant,thats where ideally you should top it up. The bottle had markings on it, 'Max' and 'Min' on them.Keep the coolant level around the Max mark.No point filling it to the brim, it will drain away through the overflow pipe anyway.

Thanks Darklord. I didnt use tap water in my radiator. I filled up water in a reservoir "no.1", its written engine coolant on it. So I guess filling up a little water in that reservoir wont be harmful. But as you said, I didnt find min max mentioned on any reservoir here.
I hope you know that if at all you want to top up the coolant, you can do so with Distilled water or else ready mix coolant or else you get concentrated ones which are usually mixed in 1:1 or 1:2 proportion with distilled water. Do not use normal tap water in your radiator. Also there must be a reservoir for the Coolant,thats where ideally you should top it up. The bottle had markings on it, 'Max' and 'Min' on them.Keep the coolant level around the Max mark.No point filling it to the brim, it will drain away through the overflow pipe anyway.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Gauresh its not the mighty Mahindra Scorpio which can withstand anything anywhere in its engine ;)
no 4 is where you put radiator water(coolant water)

best security for car is gear lock and steering lock it will make sure thief get hard time . these electronic security is useless personal experience

Back